Maple Leafs Uniform and Jersey Concepts Thread

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Okay, silly question, but what is this 'yoke' everyone is referring to on jerseys?

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I like the new logo. I also liked previous one, I started supporting Leafs because of it, it was such a beautiful logo.

And I really hope that the 3rd jersey will be in St. Pats colours, that would be fantastic, green jersey with white leaf logo.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The veins are symmetrical? Coulda fooled me.

No, the Leafs logo isn't symmetrical and it doesn't have to be. People like to nitpick that, but if you look at most NHL logos, they aren't symmetrical designs.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I hope the jerseys look something like these..
TML.png

Perfection

Toad

May 18, 2013
Seriously, just copy this one. Done. Re-design finished, true Leafs identity recaptured. Don't mess around. Slap that big, classic, imposing, original 6 logo at centre ice and cleanse the ACC and Toronto of the losing era.

0110-tristanmani-tor1.png

0110-tristanmani-tor2.png

This is still my favourite concept...just update the logo and remove the shoulder leafs and there you have it, IMO.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Agreed. No yolk at home, but yolk on the road. Though what I think they really need to do is go to a slightly lighter shade of blue like the Blue Jays have. That royal blue looks so much better on white than what we have now.

Ya I don't think they will adopt it, look at the shade of the blue logo, but I agree the royal blue with white would really pop, but the slightly darker shade has a more classy look.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Curious question.

But the logo displayed in the reveal video, and the logo that is on the site. I mean they are different no?

Which one is THE logo..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Curious question.

But the logo displayed in the reveal video, and the logo that is on the site. I mean they are different no?

Which one is THE logo..

They're not different. The one in the video is just shaded.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Seriously, just copy this one. Done. Re-design finished, true Leafs identity recaptured. Don't mess around. Slap that big, classic, imposing, original 6 logo at centre ice and cleanse the ACC and Toronto of the losing era.

0110-tristanmani-tor1.png

0110-tristanmani-tor2.png

Perfection

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada

I will honestly be surprised if this isn't what the uniforms will be, and they look pretty great. (Except for the straight stem on the home sweater ;). That has to go!)
I would like if they use the Winter classic as the third though.
I know it is sacrilege here, but the 67 is my least favourite logo.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

if what the maple leafs introduced this week counts as a new logo, allow me to recommend a new musical group. They’re called the beatles. Discovered those mop tops myself. Lou lamoriello thinks they’ll be huge, too, if only they’d get some haircuts.

Giggles aside, let’s just agree that the leafs’ redesigned crest, which will be worn as their main insignia beginning next season, is about as original as a 1960s cover band. It smells of a time when players reached for a nutritious in-game snack known as a cigarette. It’s as fresh as your great-grandfather’s ear hair.

And it’s exactly, precisely, unquestionably what the maple leafs needed. The not-so-new logo, closely modelled on the oft-tweaked one the club wore from around the 1940s into the 1960s, is a redrawing of canadian classic, warm and fuzzy and familiar, with a touch of clean-lined modernity.

And it’s just the latest bit of evidence that the man who is in charge of the operation, team president brendan shanahan, has a deep and sophisticated understanding of the importance of embracing the right parts of the club’s past in the ongoing process of building its future.

as shanahan noted in a letter to season-ticket holders explaining the change, the maple leaf was once “one of the most prestigious and intimidating symbols in the game.†it only makes sense for the maple leafs to take those formative parts of their history — the teams, say, that won five cups in eight years in the ’40s, and four cups in six years in the ’60s — and celebrate them prominently.

A radical makeover wasn’t in the cards, shanahan said, because “we’ve got too much respect for our history, for the people that built this organization — guys like teeder kennedy and syl apps and george armstrong.â€

the idea the leafs were beholden to the sweater they’d been wearing since 1970 was always hard to figure, especially considering how effusive players and fans became in recent years when the team wore throwback versions of their glory-days uniforms. The circa-1970 uniform has been worn by a long list of fine players, sure, but it has also been balled up and tossed on home ice in disgust. It has also been sported by some of the worst teams on the franchise’s ledger.

So give credit to shanahan for asking a simple question: Why did the leafs go away from a logo synonymous with success in thefirst place?

“i didn’t get a good answer,†shanahan said.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Brendan Shanahan's letter to Toronto Maple Leafs' fans about why they are changing the logo.

CaQxYD2UcAMzMUG.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad