Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
11025676_10155274795635265_2044993730895578959_n.jpg

:laugh:

Last edited:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Aaron Vickers @AAVickers
Monahan: “We’re kind of doing it for [Giordano]. He is a big part of our team. He’s our captain and he means a lot to us." #Flames

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Just rewatched the highlights because I couldn't see all the goals from where I was sitting tonight.

Brodie's pass to Monahan on that shortie was unreal. Damn. Perfect saucer.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I know it's highly unlikely, but how AMAZING would it be if tomorrow:

Tampa beats Winnipeg
Toronto beats Vancouver
St. Louis beats Minnesota
Nashville beats LA

And the Flames win!

3 of those 4 games are strong opponents, so it could be a great out-of-town scoreboard tomorrow night!

Go :flames!!!!

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I know it's highly unlikely, but how AMAZING would it be if tomorrow:

Tampa beats Winnipeg
Toronto beats Vancouver
St. Louis beats Minnesota
Nashville beats LA

And the Flames win!

3 of those 4 games are strong opponents, so it could be a great out-of-town scoreboard tomorrow night!

Go :flames!!!!

I want to see the Jets win. Really hoping they make it in over LA.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Still kinda shake my head in amazement that we actually have young elite guys like Monahan and Gaudreau. And then 5 minutes later I remember we have Sam Bennett coming up. A lot of things have gone extremely right for this franchise in the last couple of years. :handclap:

mdexm

Apr 2, 2013
Still kinda shake my head in amazement that we actually have young elite guys like Monahan and Gaudreau. And then 5 minutes later I remember we have Sam Bennett coming up. A lot of things have gone extremely right for this franchise in the last couple of years. :handclap:

Janko aside, it's hard to not love our drafts under Feaster/Weisbrod. Though we probably got them out of the picture at the right time to make the best use of those assets too. I can't imagine what Jay might have done at the deadline with the success this team had this year.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Janko aside, it's hard to not love our drafts under Feaster/Weisbrod. Though we probably got them out of the picture at the right time to make the best use of those assets too. I can't imagine what Jay might have done at the deadline with the success this team had this year.

I wouldn't mind getting Feaster and Weisbrod to redo the job Burke did in Toronto.

You saw the results last night.

Thanks for helping the Leafs to the bottom, Leafs need their Monahan/Bennett from this draft.

Oh, and if you're looking for a 27 year old sniper I know where you could pick one up for a good price!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't mind getting Feaster and Weisbrod to redo the job Burke did in Toronto.

You saw the results last night.

Thanks for helping the Leafs to the bottom, Leafs need their Monahan/Bennett from this draft.

Oh, and if you're looking for a 27 year old sniper I know where you could pick one up for a good price!
I think Nonis is more to blame than Burke; but it's impossible to really tell. Although I think we can all agree than MLSE likely pressured both into win now type moves.

We are not looking for any Leafs players, after seeing the level of quit last night I want none of them near my team; they are the complete opposite of our players.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
I think Nonis is more to blame than Burke; but it's impossible to really tell. Although I think we can all agree than MLSE likely pressured both into win now type moves.

We are not looking for any Leafs players, after seeing the level of quit last night I want none of them near my team; they are the complete opposite of our players.

Agreed. Couldn't believe the contracts Nonis was giving out last year. Really surprised me.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Completely understand your position on those players. Been mine since the day they brought Phaneuf to the team. Team went downhill the day they pasted the C on his chest, and then bringing in a soft one-dimensional winger the Bruins wouldn't sign at his asking price.

Oh, well maybe Nonis is neutered enough to move this disaster forward. MLSE didn't make a mistake firing Burke, the mistake was leaving Nonis in charge.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Completely understand your position on those players. Been mine since the day they brought Phaneuf to the team. Team went downhill the day they pasted the C on his chest, and then bringing in a soft one-dimensional winger the Bruins wouldn't sign at his asking price.

Oh, well maybe Nonis is neutered enough to move this disaster forward. MLSE didn't make a mistake firing Burke, the mistake was leaving Nonis in charge.
With MLSe I was saying they are to blame for how their GMs shape their teams. I fully believe they have pushed for win now type moves when they shouldn't have been.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
With MLSe I was saying they are to blame for how their GMs shape their teams. I fully believe they have pushed for win now type moves when they shouldn't have been.

John Ferguson told them the team had to be rebuilt, and went to them with a plan to do so.

They told him to come back with a plan that included making the playoffs.

He then threw away draft picks/prospects to try and make the playoffs and was fired when he failed to make the playoffs.

The question is whether Shanahan has the green light, as has been speculated, to tear it down.

Feaster kind of did what Burke claimed he was doing and what the Oilers are still trying to figure out.

Monahan - Bennett
versus
RNH - Eichel

Being a Calgary resident I'll enjoy this ride. Being a Leafs' fan I'll be jealous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad