GDT: Maple Leafs @ Flames - Conference Wars

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The Leafs could always retain, I mean at a 5M cap hit he becomes a lot more attractive. Question is are the Leafs willing to eat that many years of salary retention.

I agree, but if they retain the asking price goes up. I wouldn't pay a ton for him, but I agree he probably makes to much to be a #3. So maybe they retain 1.5 and we offer them Rhett Warrener?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well, that was a boring game from my perspective. Nothing exciting happened while I was watching. :(

I look forward to the highlights.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
:ducks2 2 at 1 :wild
FINAL SCORE

KEryFao.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah that third period was pretty dull.

How long does it take you to get home? You seem to get back pretty quickly.

Tonight only took about 1:20. Was a quick drive. It's not really going home. We go up to Nanaimo a lot of weekends to stay with my fiancée's mother's house and help her take care of things. She's got the cancer. My parents live around these parts as well so sometimes I look in on them.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I liked that we built up a big lead quickly which enabled us to distribute ice time more throughout the lineup. Only Russell and Brodie played 22 minutes. Ferland played 14 min, Schlemko played 15 min, Diaz played 17 min, and many others had their ice times increased. Gives us more rest to a potentially tough away game tomorrow.

BrewHouse

Oct 22, 2013
It might be kind of early to say this, but it sure doesn't look like there was any problem filling Glencross' spot in the line up. Certainly speaks to the Flames' ability to effectively utilize the resources they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad