GDT: Maple Leafs @ Detroit | 7:30PM ET | FSD

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Tatar
Didn't know this was possible. Building on the lead in the 3rd period? Who'd a thunk it?

Reactions: Ezekial

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I feel like our views are pretty similar in everything except Tatar. I've always liked him, he's good for 20-30 goals every year.

I was just not very enthusiastic about probably sealing the game, not so much that it was Tatar that scored. You are right though I'm not a fan of tatar haha

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
While it doesn't help us long term, beating the Leafs is always a pleasure, particularly when it is a further illustration of the genius of TML's being heavily reliant on a certain well timed and lucky lottery win. Also, seeing babs bitching about the stripes when he got SO MUCH help from tonight, makes me want to see him and his team lose bad.

Reactions: gbdet and TheMule93

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I find it more than slightly humorous that Dekeyser and Daley have our goals tonight.

Worth a laugh for sure. But hey, while my enthusiasm for this team is low and I'd prefer the wheels fall off so wholesale changes take place, I will NEVER turn down a win over the Babcock Leafs. Silver linings like this are the highlight of the season.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Politician 1: I've sinned by flying my private jet way too often. Here, take my money so my political correctness may be redeemed! Buy my book in which I tell you all about it!
Politician 2: Climate change as being the primary effect of human activity is a hoax and I'm pulling out of the Paris Agreement since the biggest polluters are paying little to nothing, yet I'm apparently the bad guy.

This was very helpful. This explains much regarding the ability to parse where you're coming from with your hockey posts.

Reactions: Syckle78

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Can we please keep this thread about the game. It was a much needed and refreshing win. It's always fun beating TMLs and Babcock!

Time to celebrate.

We can start the losing streak again next game. For now lets enjoy this win.

Reactions: RedWingzz
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I was just not very enthusiastic about probably sealing the game, not so much that it was Tatar that scored. You are right though I'm not a fan of tatar haha

Yeah but I dunno what more you can really expect from Tatar. In my opinion the effort is there (almost) every night. He's not the fastest player, or the biggest guy out there, and yes, he does make stupid decisions at times, and over-stickhandles. He can still snipe the puck better than anyone not named Mantha on our team. Tatar is good for 20-30 goals and 20-30 assists every year. A good complementary scorer. He's not an All-star, but he can score goals.

Reactions: lomekian
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Can we please keep this thread about the game. It was a much needed and refreshing win. It's always fun beating TMLs and Babcock!

Time to celebrate.

We can start the losing streak again next game. For now lets enjoy this win.

I agree. I'm all aboard the tank train, but you are right, it does feel nice to win. We obviously haven't been winning anything of late, so I'll enjoy the win.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
My Three Stars:

• Howard
  • Daley
  • Dekeyser
Both Daley and Dekeyser had great games. Nice to see. Love beating TMLs and Babcock!

He didn't score but Ericsson created the assist for the short-handed goal, blocked Marner's 2-on-1 chance, and was in front of the puck all night. I thought he was the defenseman on the ice this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad