GDT: Maple Leafs @ Detroit | 7:30PM ET | FSD

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Bummed I missed the game. And to think I was just about to make a Sheahan-esque thread taking bids on when Dekeyser would get his first point!

For those who saw the game - was it just coincidence that our defenseman hit the scoreboard tonight (and the net) or did the system look tweaked?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
For those who saw the game - was it just coincidence that our defenseman hit the scoreboard tonight (and the net) or did the system look tweaked?
The Maples Leafs were slow and turned the puck over all night. Larking was skating up and down the ice as usual. PK shut down any offensive chances Toronto had. It was a pushover game.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Ericsson was a beast that game. He's been pretty steady all season.

Also, the Leafs are god awful. Best coach in the league lol.

I've been thinking the same thing. Even when he's been on the ice for goals against, even bad ones, he still seems like he's one of the few on the unit that knows whats going on. I mean, he still makes more mistakes than he should but he's actually been decent.

Kind of feel like he was good for the first 2/3 of the season last year too...? Not sure if I'm remembering incorrectly or not.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I've been thinking the same thing. Even when he's been on the ice for goals against, even bad ones, he still seems like he's one of the few on the unit that knows whats going on. I mean, he still makes more mistakes than he should but he's actually been decent.

Kind of feel like he was good for the first 2/3 of the season last year too...? Not sure if I'm remembering incorrectly or not.

No, he showed some life last year, too.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Babs is frowning somewhere. I have the "Owen 2" meme frown in my head.
whenever i see babcock frown, I am reminded of this

9e7fdbf2b177838a776ea590eb9c3fc3.jpg

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
They were the better team last night and got the result.

Not a whole lot to be upset about, I did think Mantha was pretty poor last night though.
Ya I agree mantha has been poor ever since his fight against Calgary really. Need him to get going. Thought that was one of AA’s best games. He had good stick on puck all over the ice and created a lot of turnovers. Even saw him dig in defensively on some guys.

Reactions: Ezekial

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Larkin and Mantha haven’t scored much since the start of December. Slightly concerning. Don’t think Mantha has at all.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Larkin and Mantha haven’t scored much since the start of December. Slightly concerning. Don’t think Mantha has at all.

I am pretty pleased with Larkin's play even when the offense doesn't come more often than not.

I think Mantha will be fine, but he needs to start skating, he is out there gliding too often again.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I am pretty pleased with Larkin's play even when the offense doesn't come more often than not.

I think Mantha will be fine, but he needs to start skating, he is out there gliding too often again.

Oh for sure. Larkin can defend well and he has made some great plays that just haven’t gone in but still this is a slump that could go monthlong. And that’s not good if your expecting him to be a 1c.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
hes also one of our best PKers. Generates shorthanded chances every game. Too bad helmer squandered em last night.

Reactions: mantha39

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
All I want is for 71, 39, and 72 to have great seasons. I want a couple of our young DMen to get some games. I want to lose every game so we get the #1 pick hopefully. I want to beat TML ever time, though. :)

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
hes also one of our best PKers. Generates shorthanded chances every game. Too bad helmer squandered em last night.

yeah that might be the teams greatest strength, with larkin, glendening, helm and nielsen we generate a lot of shorthanded chances and goals. Pretty cool to see larkin play in all situations and succeed at it (he is'nt the headless chicken on the powerplay anymore, as well)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad