Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs 2018-2019 preseason schedule

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I guess those are home and home series?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
boring! mix it up a bit, same teams in double headers every year. I know I know its only preseason but cmon we are already seeing those teams 4 or 5 times this year. Go for a team building exercise to California and play those guys or something

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
boring! mix it up a bit, same teams in double headers every year. I know I know its only preseason but cmon we are already seeing those teams 4 or 5 times this year. Go for a team building exercise to California and play those guys or something
Travel is expensive! It's better to stay within their region to save on travel. Yes, however, it is boring.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Travel is expensive! It's better to stay within their region to save on travel. Yes, however, it is boring.

I know I know, although with as rich as the leafs are they could afford to travel to Australia and pay for the opposition too! but shareholders ra ra

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If there was one thing I would change it's having less preseason games. I know playing 8 of them can be good so Babcock and Dubas can get a really good look at all the players, however there are other teams who play 6 games like the Hurricanes.

The one change for the Leafs preseason is that they have not played the Flyers the past few years in London, Ontario and it's something that use to be a regular thing for them to do.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If there was one thing I would change it's having less preseason games. I know playing 8 of them can be good so Babcock and Dubas can get a really good look at all the players, however there are other teams who play 6 games like the Hurricanes.

The one change for the Leafs preseason is that they have not played the Flyers the past few years in London, Ontario and it's something that use to be a regular thing for them to do.

I agree, wake me up when September ends is an apt song for pre season hockey.

I would be happy with 0 games I don't like pre season hockey, but I will say one time I liked it. I had seats on the glass for the game against buffalo where Kessel went paul bunyan on Scott and Clarkson's career ended before it began

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I agree, wake me up when September ends is an apt song for pre season hockey.

I would be happy with 0 games I don't like pre season hockey, but I will say one time I liked it. I had seats on the glass for the game against buffalo where Kessel went paul bunyan on Scott and Clarkson's career ended before it began
I once had tickets to a Leafs preseason game against the Sabres in Toronto which was Paul Maurice's first game as the Leafs coach, although technically it was unofficial since it was the preseason. Anyway I remember my Dad called me while I was in school and got 2 seats from Ticketmaster right behind the Leafs bench and towards the area where you see someone like Ray Ferraro standing during a game. It was a fun experience sitting that close to the players.

Reactions: Walshy7

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I assume for that game the Leafs would be the "road team" so they don't lose out on the revenue of playing the game in Toronto?
90% sure the next game is at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, meaning they would be the home team for Lucan game. Although thats just a guess, logistically it doesn't matter much.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
90% sure the next game is at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, meaning they would be the home team for Lucan game. Although thats just a guess, logistically it doesn't matter much.
I thought the Kraft Hockeyville game is played in the arena of the community that won, so wouldn't that be the same thing once again for this year?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs always play 4 home pre-season games.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Only 3 months. I got lots of stuff to do between now and then. But I'll be ready to go for next season!

I'm a busy guy, but I watch every Leaf game in full. That ends up being maybe around 8 hours a week that I spend watching the games.

I do notice that I have a lot more time in the off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad