Confirmed with Link: Mantha to Vegas for 2nd and 4th round picks

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Tarasenko picked his destination so naturally the return wouldn't be absolutely top notch.
He didn’t pick FLA persay at all, but he could veto destinations for sure.

Considering that the only teams interested are ALL playoff teams, I’m hard pressed to seeing him decline any of them (save Edm or Win, perhaps).

I don’t think it impacted value much, if at all.

But I know the GMBM bashers would talk about this piece of it (which I think you are a closet GMBM antagonist, in reading your comments about the teams lack of direction)

Reactions: BallardEra

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
If I were a GM i would only sign players with proven fat cat disease to 1 year deals only. And otherwise avoid them altogether.

@Ridley Simon said GMs already know players when I said sell him as a power forward. Duh. But some GM is going to grossly overpay 'Mo Money Please' this summer with far too many years so we'll see who knows him or not. Book it Danno!

Hockey GMs are often former players. That didn't graduate... high school. Even if they did many heads were punching bags. They aren't all the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Bolded....
782J.gif

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have long suspected many deals are done with future considerations.... not shared with us, because they are not finite. Throw in a 7th if he plays 80 games. Sure, we will hear about those. Others are... I owe you one, GEORGE.

We all remember McPhee doing deals with the same GMs - others never. St Louis IIRC was one... may help explain that historic Oshie for Shankapotamus fleecing. I remember goalies coming and going.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I have long suspected many deals are done with future considerations.... not shared with us, because they are not finite. Throw in a 7th if he plays 80 games. Sure, we will hear about those. Others are... I owe you one, GEORGE.

We all remember McPhee doing deals with the same GMs - others never. St Louis IIRC was one... may help explain that historic Oshie for Shankapotamus fleecing. I remember goalies coming and going.
I think it's with the agents, like McClellan will tell the guy Remember how we put Siegs or Chandler in these great spots because we wanted them to have success, you give us cost certainty now we'll do right by the player. But for rental deals that don't impact the trajectory of players careers, I think they're going for the highest picks.

Reactions: RandyHolt

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013

Seems like we're always dealing with the Preds, too.

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Leagues Premier Power Forward

/s

Closer to Leagues Premier Paid Floater once he inks his next deal.

Reactions: um

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad