Manitoba Moose 2016-2017 Season (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Went to the game tonight. People are going to love Lemieux when he makes the team.

No one else particularly great. DeLeo, Roslovic pretty good. Peluso not looking too out of place out there.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
IMG_1091-300x225.jpg

Recap: Moose clip the Gulls wings 3-2 in OT

Includes a scoring summary and player assessment. As well as post-game audio from Eric Comrie, Brendan Lemieux and Chase De Leo (who wins quote of the night honours).

To read/listen click here.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Went to the game tonight. People are going to love Lemieux when he makes the team.

No one else particularly great. DeLeo, Roslovic pretty good. Peluso not looking too out of place out there.

Uh what? Mr stone hands doesn't belong anywhere near the Moose PP. He's terrible

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
IMG_1091-300x225.jpg

Recap: Moose clip the Gulls wings 3-2 in OT

Includes a scoring summary and player assessment. As well as post-game audio from Eric Comrie, Brendan Lemieux and Chase De Leo (who wins quote of the night honours).

To read/listen click here.

Wasn't able to attend the game last night. Really appreciate the detailed player assessments. Thanks, Dave.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Enjoyed these substantive write ups. Do I detect a glimmer of hope for Kostalek? Wouldn't that be nice..

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Went to last night's game.

De Leo is going to be a gooder. Comrie had a good game.

The Moose did something I haven't seen before in a regular season game. They played 3 forwards in 3-3 OT. I'm assuming they aren't the first team to do so, but it's the first time I've seen it by any team.

Brandon Montour looked good for the Gulls. He's someone I know nothing about, but was smooth skating and looked good on the PP. I looked at this wiki page and saw he was drafted in the second round of the 2014 draft. :(

The old eye ball test is saying the Moose attendance is down this year.

Moose games are good value for your money.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

The Moose did something I haven't seen before in a regular season game. They played 3 forwards in 3-3 OT. I'm assuming they aren't the first team to do so, but it's the first time I've seen it by any team.

Brandon Montour looked good for the Gulls. He's someone I know nothing about, but was smooth skating and looked good on the PP. I looked at this wiki page and saw he was drafted in the second round of the 2014 draft. :(

I noticed that too. It's early, but it feels like this team will win more games this season. I imagine attendance will climb as the weather gets colder and the wins become more frequent.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I noticed that too. It's early, but it feels like this team will win more games this season. I imagine attendance will climb as the weather gets colder and the wins become more frequent.

i was invited to go to the Moose game last night.... ut decided I would rather watch the Jets on TV......:popcorn:

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
3741 and 4718 in attendance for the last two games..kind of hope it keeps going down..too many teams in Winnipeg as it is..

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Who's their best offensive defenseman with Kichton out? Czuzkczmanzck? (sp? :sarcasm:). I'd run three forwards too...

And yes, Moose attendance is really down. The product was nearly unwatchable last year. On ice they look way better this year, but I don't know if that'll translate into ticket sales. The atrophied TNSE marketing department is going to have to learn to walk again...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What? Does having all of these teams negatively impact your life in some way?

It may have lead to the Jets having a less attractive schedule this year. It may prevent Winnipeg from hosting the WJC.

Its net effect on the Jets is still hard to evaluate. There are pros and cons. It is certainly better than having them isolated in Newfy but how is it compared to someplace closer? It does seem to be leading the Jets to go with less than 23 players when we have injuries. Callups have been slow.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
3741 and 4718 in attendance for the last two games..kind of hope it keeps going down..too many teams in Winnipeg as it is..

I think it's a big benefit to the Jets to have their farm club across the hall for a lot of reasons. And I think it's nice for fans to be able to keep an eye on prospects plus it's an affordable family night of hockey.

But I know I'm not the only one who's mad that the Jets get a handful of weekend home games, while the Moose play 18 out of their 36 home games on a Friday night or Saturday...

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
i was invited to go to the Moose game last night.... ut decided I would rather watch the Jets on TV......:popcorn:

I have a mini pack and I won't go to Moose games if there are Jets games on TV. I'll give my tickets away. :)

I've only been to the home opener so far, but attendance was definitely smaller this year than last year. I believe last year's was sold out. This year it just looked like a regular game. I'll be there tonight. Curious to see how attendance is on a Saturday night when there is no Jets conflicts.

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
I really think Moose games need to be cheaper by about 50% and have special nights with 2 for 1 tickets or something. I'd go to a couple games for $10 a ticket and spend another $20- $30 on concessions.
I don't think my opinion is that of a "cheap Winnipegger" it's just that the drop off of people actually caring about the success of our teams from NHL to AHL is so huge that most fans would rather save up and go to 1 Jets game over 3 Moose games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I really think Moose games need to be cheaper by about 50% and have special nights with 2 for 1 tickets or something. I'd go to a couple games for $10 a ticket and spend another $20- $30 on concessions.
I don't think my opinion is that of a "cheap Winnipegger" it's just that the drop off of people actually caring about the success of our teams from NHL to AHL is so huge that most fans would rather save up and go to 1 Jets game over 3 Moose games.

There where some 2 for one's last year. It might have been from one of those coupon books but I remember getting to a few games that way.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think it's a big benefit to the Jets to have their farm club across the hall for a lot of reasons. And I think it's nice for fans to be able to keep an eye on prospects plus it's an affordable family night of hockey.

But I know I'm not the only one who's mad that the Jets get a handful of weekend home games, while the Moose play 18 out of their 36 home games on a Friday night or Saturday...

I like having the Moose in town but having them eat up too much Fri-Sat inventory sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad