Manitoba Moose 2016-2017 Season (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I really think Moose games need to be cheaper by about 50% and have special nights with 2 for 1 tickets or something. I'd go to a couple games for $10 a ticket and spend another $20- $30 on concessions.
I don't think my opinion is that of a "cheap Winnipegger" it's just that the drop off of people actually caring about the success of our teams from NHL to AHL is so huge that most fans would rather save up and go to 1 Jets game over 3 Moose games.

They're already cheap as peanuts (actually peanuts are no longer cheap, but besides the point). I only pay $25 per ticket per game and I sit behind the vistors bench. Fantastic seats, although the cup holder did fall off last game. You are being the stereotypical cheap Winnipegger. Everything is already cheaper then at Jets games. What more do you want?

The team simply has to be better. The team was AWFUL last season. I'm already 2 games into my minipack and I've actually seen them win a game. I think it took halfway through my pack last year to see them win. They're definitely better, but I think having a home opener on a Tuesday night is dumb. And a lot of people would rather sit in the comfort of their own home to watch the Jets play then to watch the baby Jets play the baby ****s, I mean Ducks.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Who is getting assists on these goals? I can't even seen boxscores on the AHL website

Your not looking in the right places

MB Julian Melchiori (1) ASST: Andrew Copp (5), JC Lipon (1)
4:43
MB Jan Kostalek (2) ASST: None
15:26
SD Scott Sabourin (1) ASST: Andrew Welinski (4)
2nd
8:29
MB Patrice Cormier (1) ASST: None
13:21
MB Patrice Cormier (2) ASST: None (SH)
14:10
SD Nick Sorensen (1) ASST: Nick Tarnasky (1), Jeff Schultz (3)
18:10
SD Nick Tarnasky (2) ASST: Nick Sorensen (2)

http://theahl.com/game-summary?game_id=1015997

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
They're already cheap as peanuts (actually peanuts are no longer cheap, but besides the point). I only pay $25 per ticket per game and I sit behind the vistors bench. Fantastic seats, although the cup holder did fall off last game. You are being the stereotypical cheap Winnipegger. Everything is already cheaper then at Jets games. What more do you want?

The team simply has to be better. The team was AWFUL last season. I'm already 2 games into my minipack and I've actually seen them win a game. I think it took halfway through my pack last year to see them win. They're definitely better, but I think having a home opener on a Tuesday night is dumb. And a lot of people would rather sit in the comfort of their own home to watch the Jets play then to watch the baby Jets play the baby ****s, I mean Ducks.

So you're calling $25 per ticket cheap just because it's cheaper than the Jets? For a family of 4 that's $100 before concessions for the AHL. There are people in this world where spending well over $100 on a hockey game isn't something they're gonna be able do regularly with their family.

But I'm just being a cheap Winnipegger.

My point is, the AHL, no matter how successful the team, isn't worth much more than $10 admission when there is an NHL team in town IMO.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Your not looking in the right places

MB Julian Melchiori (1) ASST: Andrew Copp (5), JC Lipon (1)
4:43
MB Jan Kostalek (2) ASST: None
15:26
SD Scott Sabourin (1) ASST: Andrew Welinski (4)
2nd
8:29
MB Patrice Cormier (1) ASST: None
13:21
MB Patrice Cormier (2) ASST: None (SH)
14:10
SD Nick Sorensen (1) ASST: Nick Tarnasky (1), Jeff Schultz (3)
18:10
SD Nick Tarnasky (2) ASST: Nick Sorensen (2)

http://theahl.com/game-summary?game_id=1015997

I only see the AHL header and footer when I click on that link. Sucks that 3 of these goals are unassisted.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think the Moose D have more goals than the Jets D

Goal now credited to Petan

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
1:01 MB Julian Melchiori (1) ASST: Andrew Copp (5), JC Lipon (1)
4:43 MB Jan Kostalek (2) ASST: None
15:26 SD Scott Sabourin (1) ASST: Andrew Welinski (4), Stu Bickel (1)

2nd
8:29 MB Patrice Cormier (1) ASST: None
13:21 MB Patrice Cormier (2) ASST: None (SH)
14:10 SD Nick Sorensen (1) ASST: Nick Tarnasky (1), Jeff Schultz (3)
18:10 SD Nick Tarnasky (2) ASST: Nick Sorensen (2)

3rd
12:11 SD Andrew Welinski (1) ASST: Kalle Kossila (3)
13:29 MB Nic Petan (3) ASST: Peter Stoykewych (1), Jan Kostalek (1)

Pavelec 37/41

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
So you're calling $25 per ticket cheap just because it's cheaper than the Jets? For a family of 4 that's $100 before concessions for the AHL. There are people in this world where spending well over $100 on a hockey game isn't something they're gonna be able do regularly with their family.

My point is, the AHL, no matter how successful the team, isn't worth much more than $10 admission when there is an NHL team in town IMO.

WHL prices in Vancouver (well Langley this year) are tops at $30 a game. WHL. $25 is more then reasonable for a family of 4 per game for AHL. Jets it'd be near $1000. They still have costs to cover, etc. You're being a cheapo.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Sure, the alternative NHL product makes the the supply/demand different for the Moose than in a non-NHL market, but the difference in price reduces that overlap since there are those who will be priced out of the Jets.

25 is also fairly cheap. It's not dirt cheap, but it's cheap.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Moose sweep weekend series with 5-4 win over Gulls

Moose-sweep-Gulls-300x225.jpg

Including scoring summary, player analysis and post-game audio (Peter Stoykewych, Scott Glennie and Coach Vincent). Credit to Stoykewych who found out mid interview that his "first AHL goal" was in fact tipped in by Petan but managed to roll with it and says something to effect of "Give a lot of credit to the guys who go to the front of the net they provide the screens and tips obviously....."

To read/listen click here.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Sure, the alternative NHL product makes the the supply/demand different for the Moose than in a non-NHL market, but the difference in price reduces that overlap since there are those who will be priced out of the Jets.

25 is also fairly cheap. It's not dirt cheap, but it's cheap.
Would be more reasonable if Ticketmaster didn't slap another 12 on the top.

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
$21 plus fees for the cheapest single game tickets. That is too expensive. But they can charge what they want. If you are poor go watch Bisons for $5 . You won't notice the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad