Manitoba Moose: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Let's be real here: The way your AHL team looks doesn't even matter a little bit. Even if they have the most beautiful jerseys in the league, the extra money you'd make because of them having a nice jersey would be marginal financially.

When was the last time you heard somebody say: "Wow I like the jersey/branding/logo of AHL team X so much, I think I'm gonna spend 100+ bucks for the jersey/merchandise on it".

Go and ask the Norfolk Admirals (just an example, there are enough ugly jerseys and logos around the AHL). Their jersey and logo is hideous AND it doesn't even fit the NHL team colors but who cares? It's just an AHL team.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I have no problem with using the Jets colours.. Just don't think it works with the angry moose. Would have preferred to go an entirely new direction. But I do understand their attachment to the brand so I will happily suck up my dislike of the logo and jersey because I'm excited just to have the baby Jets in Winnipeg.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I understand all the reasons for wanting the farm team to be in Winnipeg. I just wonder how they plan on dealing with the awkward situation when it arises. This being players being sent down to the farm.

One of the advantages of having the farm team somewhere else is that when you get demoted, you don't have to walk by the dressing room that you "used to play in" everyday and see the people you used to work with.. everyday.

Imagine at your real job. You get demoted, but you still have to work in the same office space with the same people the next day.
Probably more awkward when they switch back to an AHL salary (for the two-way guys) and take the dramatic pay cut. May be an interesting dynamic for the AHL'ers to go out a restaurant with NHL'ers - their financial situations are drastically different.

I don't think overall this will be an issue and the pros will out-way the cons.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Probably more awkward when they switch back to an AHL salary (for the two-way guys) and take the dramatic pay cut. May be an interesting dynamic for the AHL'ers to go out a restaurant with NHL'ers - their financial situations are drastically different.

I don't think overall this will be an issue and the pros will out-way the cons.
$100,000 a year is still more than pocket change. Their cars and living quarters may not be as flashy. They may not do pushups with stacks of money on their backs. They'll be able to afford a good meal every once in a while, even if the team is not paying for it. I imagine that TN will work on the relationship between teams nearly as much as they do within the individual room. Individual character but also sense of team is valued by the organisation. With the Moose coming home to Winnipeg, in a sense the team just got a bit bigger.

Another point here is that the importance of veterans directly on the Moose is not as important aseterans Veterans here in Winnipeg are just a locker room away.

CaptainKirk316

Feb 8, 2014
Winnipeg
It let me go on at 9:58 I got 4 tickets section 112 row 1 seats 13,14,15,16

looks like already over a third sold out and so usy you cant even log on anymore.

#gomoosego

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I picked up 2 11 game mini-packs. Looking at the seats for season tickets,
plenty to pick from still.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Seems the tickets are selling well. That's good to hear. I was thinking about a mini pack but I think I'll just pick up some singles when I can. Hopefully retail wont be that much more than season prices.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
$100,000 a year is still more than pocket change. Their cars and living quarters may not be as flashy. They may not do pushups with stacks of money on their backs. They'll be able to afford a good meal every once in a while, even if the team is not paying for it. I imagine that TN will work on the relationship between teams nearly as much as they do within the individual room. Individual character but also sense of team is valued by the organisation. With the Moose coming home to Winnipeg, in a sense the team just got a bit bigger.

Another point here is that the importance of veterans directly on the Moose is not as important aseterans Veterans here in Winnipeg are just a locker room away.

$100k is not a typical AHL salary. Most get $55k - $70k. A few veteran players on most teams get $200k-$250k.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
How does that make it easier to make the playoffs? Every team gets to play against the same level of competition. And if it's so easy why did our AHL team fail to make the playoffs this year? And only twice in 4 years.

Technically speaking, the parity of the league will impact probability too.
The more parity you have, the more likely a "deserving team" *cough LA Kings* misses the playoffs.

So, IF the AHL has less parity (which TBH I don't know off the top of my head) it *could* be easier for a *deserving* team to make the POs in the AHL vs the NHL.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@ManitobaMoose: For those asking about presale - it started at 10am with groups staggered by priority to minimize wait times on Ticketmaster. (1 of 4)

@ManitobaMoose: #NHLJets Season Seat Holders had access starting at 10:00am while Wait List and Jets Season Seat Share Partners start at Noon. (2 of 4)

@ManitobaMoose: #MBMoose Mail subscribers and past Manitoba Moose package holders have access starting at 2:00pm. (3 of 4)

@ManitobaMoose: All groups were emailed indicating their staggered start time. If you have ticketing questions you can email [email protected] (4 of 4)

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Nope.

Development will and should be first and foremost. The second profits convince us to let our prospects development stagnate then the big club ceases to be effective.

Not to mention people will go to these games to specifically see "baby jets" the wins/losses column matters less then.

That's the second you don't pay enough competent vets to ice a competitive team. I prefer the development method used with Hampus Lindholm to the one used with Rasmus Ristolainen. Lindholm probably never played 24+min with a bad partner. TOI =\= progress.

People also won't like the baby jets getting dominated night after night.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
When was the last time you heard somebody say: "Wow I like the jersey/branding/logo of AHL team X so much, I think I'm gonna spend 100+ bucks for the jersey/merchandise on it".

"Hello??? Over here!!!" *madly waving his arms about*

I loved the Philadelphia Phantoms logo and jersey so much that I purchased both a home and away version.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Center ice row 7. There are tons of great seats remaining; this is very different from the jets rush for seats

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I was going to do an 11 mini-pack, but I'm going to just buy walk-up tickets instead. Think I prefer being able to be flexible in choosing my games, and don't anticipate the price difference for each ticket being more than $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad