Manifesting Destiny: The 2023-24 Playoffs Thread

When do the Canucks lock in playoffs

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I have a feeling in my bones that this year is playoff year. I've been manifesting this so hard for the past week it's unbelievable. It has had great success because they have won their last two games. Not only that, I've put the Canucks playoffs run on my vision board. My crystals are vibrating and giving off negative ions.

This is the year. If we all manifest together, we can make this happen!

View attachment 753789
just no

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Decided to do my own playoff tracker. Didn't include the first two games of November but the Canucks need to go 39-30-4 (82 points) over the rest of the season to hit 95 points, which is a comfortable WC spot.

A month by month break down would need them going something like this:

November: 7-7-1
December: 7-5-0
January: 7-5-1
February: 7-5-0
March: 7-5-1
April: 4-3-1

Canucks have a really weird schedule this year. Strange back-to-backs, long road trips, and a 9 game home stand in March.

Reactions: supercanuck

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Do you think the city will allow the public screens again downtown? I really hope they’d consider it with proper security plans.

Reactions: Indiana

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Decided to do my own playoff tracker. Didn't include the first two games of November but the Canucks need to go 39-30-4 (82 points) over the rest of the season to hit 95 points, which is a comfortable WC spot.

A month by month break down would need them going something like this:

November: 7-7-1
December: 7-5-0
January: 7-5-1
February: 7-5-0
March: 7-5-1
April: 4-3-1

Canucks have a really weird schedule this year. Strange back-to-backs, long road trips, and a 9 game home stand in March.

Bunching up that many home games late in the season is wild - I didn't realize that. The last time I remember such a long home stand was during the 2010 Olympics year where they also had to do a really long road trip around January/February.

Wouldn't be surprised if pundits say the team is "on fire" heading into the playoffs without realizing a lot of it is driven by having so many home games late in the season.

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Bunching up that many home games late in the season is wild - I didn't realize that. The last time I remember such a long home stand was during the 2010 Olympics year where they also had to do a really long road trip around January/February.

Wouldn't be surprised if pundits say the team is "on fire" heading into the playoffs without realizing a lot of it is driven by having so many home games late in the season.

That nine game homestand also has a bunch of multi-day breaks. One 3-day and four 2-day.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
While the second half of November was disappointing and .500 hockey, the Canucks still outperforming their required record. As such they have a little bit of an easier time going forward.

Updated required record per month to hit 95 points:

December : 6-5-1
January : 7-6-0
February : 7-5-0
March : 7-6-0
April : 4-3-1

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
No such things as a jinx. Just have enough conviction to say what you think will happen, cowards.
mathematically we will likely not be guaranteed a spot until April, since we are presently on pace for about 115 pts. Which I think will slide a bit. Very happy if we break 105.

We have 8 games in April, which would likely mean we need to go 5 - 3 to get over 105 ... but that would mean we are at 95 at the start of April ... which is likely where we are safe to get at least a wild card spot.

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
although i prefer a leafs vs canucks finals, i would not say no to another bruins rematch.

revenge would feel amazing , 2011 loss was rhe last time i shed a tear.

canucks will be clinched in a couple months. i’m predicting another prezzy trophy.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Bumping the thread because it’s time for my scheduled crow meal.

Attachments

• IMG_4876.jpeg
    IMG_4876.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
With Chicagos OT loss today, they can no longer catch us in the standings. The first team. Let the dominoes fall one by one! NEXT

Man I love this team :yo:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Chicago San Jose Anahiem and now Columbus can NOT catch the Canucks in the OVERALL standings

Arizona Montreal and Ottawa next :yo:

Reactions: Canuckle1970

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
While the second half of November was disappointing and .500 hockey, the Canucks still outperforming their required record. As such they have a little bit of an easier time going forward.

Updated required record per month to hit 95 points:

December : 6-5-1
January : 7-6-0
February : 7-5-0
March : 7-6-0
April : 4-3-1
Could you please update this. I wanna see the required record for 95 points. Hope it isn't too brutal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00