MANCHESTER, NH THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Could the vermillion county team move there with their infamous front office of only a head of security.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I was in Manchester for TSO over Thanksgiving, and had an opportunity to speak with a few people I know who are tied into the arena and region. Bottomline, they are not getting a hockey team anytime soon and I've come to the conclusion because it's partly self-inflicted. I'd say it's a little bit of delusion, and frankly their inability to read the room meaning how hockey has shifted in New England. They still believe they will still get an AHL franchise. They are pinning their hopes on Quebec City, so much so that "a group" of people had "talks" (I use that word loosely) with potential ownership groups of Quebec. I laughed when I was told that. Again, they can't read the room.

Who is they... The city put together a working committee of local politicians, business leaders and arena management to find a way to get a hockey team in Manchester. This was done shortly after the Monarchs left and at one point they were close to an ECHL team but they could never find that one financial solvent person willing to put "real money" on the table.

The ECHL is waiting patiently for Manchester to get its "stuff" together. The arena rent would be a little excessive in my opinion but that's not stopping the deal from happening. What is stopping anything from progressing is the market's inability to get out of its own past, and to find one or two local money sources to put the group over the finish line.

Until they wake up.... Professional hockey is not coming back to Manchester.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
If Lowell hadn't gotten the PWHL, I bet they would welcome the ECHL with open arms.

I hope you're betting $0 because you are dead wrong.

UMass-Lowell owns Tsongas Center. They don't want any competition for their NCAA DI hockey program. The PWHL certainly isn't competition for them. The ECHL would be. They would never let an ECHL team in that building.

Either way, UMass-Lowell fills that market as <<mid to high level ECHL equivalent organization.>> Attendance, marketing, ticketing, fanbase, and overall viability is equivalent to most of the mid to high end ECHL teams. Same thing as Burlington, Vermont, which people always point to as an eventual home for a pro franchise by people who don't know that it is Countamount country and college hockey country. Same thing goes with Duluth, St. Cloud, and a bunch of other places.

Manchester would be good too

I think 5 to 10 years the snhu arena will see hockey return

We all know you think this. But you thinking it won't will it into existence.

Getting echl a team is better than nothing

There is NAHL hockey 10 minutes up the road in Hooksett. That is the closest Manchester will get to high level hockey for quite some time.

Reactions: Roadhog

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
I hope you're betting $0 because you are dead wrong.

UMass-Lowell owns Tsongas Center. They don't want any competition for their NCAA DI hockey program. The PWHL certainly isn't competition for them. The ECHL would be. They would never let an ECHL team in that building.

Either way, UMass-Lowell fills that market as <<mid to high level ECHL equivalent organization.>> Attendance, marketing, ticketing, fanbase, and overall viability is equivalent to most of the mid to high end ECHL teams. Same thing as Burlington, Vermont, which people always point to as an eventual home for a pro franchise by people who don't know that it is Countamount country and college hockey country. Same thing goes with Duluth, St. Cloud, and a bunch of other places.

We all know you think this. But you thinking it won't will it into existence.

There is NAHL hockey 10 minutes up the road in Hooksett. That is the closest Manchester will get to high level hockey for quite some time.
I said 5 to 10 that will be a decent amount of time to pass someone will go there sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad