Post-Game Talk: Mallard

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why do we need our backup goalie to steal us a win against a team that hadn't won a regulation game in 20 so far this year?

And we're supposed to be a cup contender?!?

This fan base is so spoiled from the goalies that we've had from the last two decades.

No no no, you can't change the power play. Everybody told me to start of the season that we had to put or right-handed shot in the bumper position because we couldn't change anything on this power place so Vinny had to go on PP1. Evvvvverybody told me how crazy I was to suggest changing it and maybe putting Panarin in the bumper spot since he isn't going to shoot the puck anyway...
People disagreeing with changing the PP at the start of the season doesn’t mean they were wrong then. It was basically the best PP in the league last year and the players all seemed to think slotting Troch in for Strome was the right move bc of what him being right handed afforded them, it even looked good for the first 5 games or so. I agreed with keeping the PP the same to start the season but now they should def be making a change. It’s too predictable, they try and force too much and there’s not enough crisp movement. Last year it was crisp with constant quick passes. This year it’s lots of flubbed passes and hesitation by Panarin and telegraphing of force feeding Mika. It’s just stale. Even if GG thinks this is his PP1, it’s worth changing up temporarily to see if you can jolt things.

Reactions: leetch99

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
when your playmakers have the puck with their head up and literally no one is making an attempt to get open in the middle.... that's Rangers hockey.
With that said.....you know who is playing surprisingly good offensive hockey, and is someone we don't count on to do so?
Lindgren. He has been pinching better, carrying the puck through the blue line and making some plays. Hasn't been the recipient of many assists, but thats because no one is putting it in.
Anyway, just though I'd give him some kudos.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
With that said.....you know who is playing surprisingly good offensive hockey, and is someone we don't count on to do so?
Lindgren. He has been pinching better, carrying the puck through the blue line and making some plays. Hasn't been the recipient of many assists, but thats because no one is putting it in.
Lindgren is the Gauthier on defense. He does things that look promising but then goes flaccid.

He has good instincts when to attack but his vision/hands are not good.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

I said it in the gdt, his instincts are good but he has no skill/shot to have it lead to anything

Reactions: Larrybiv

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
No no no, you can't change the power play. Everybody told me to start of the season that we had to put or right-handed shot in the bumper position because we couldn't change anything on this power place so Vinny had to go on PP1. Evvvvverybody told me how crazy I was to suggest changing it and maybe putting Panarin in the bumper spot since he isn't going to shoot the puck anyway...
I think the bumper needs to be a shooting threat tbh but I also think everybody needs to be a shooting threat. Fox needs to be shooting. Panarin needs to be shooting. etc.

Zibs needs to put some extra time in on his shot. He's not getting it cleanly and he's not locating it. He's just trying to hit it hard and hope for the best. He also attempts more 'shot-passes' to Kreider than actually shooting it on net. That's a problem.

I know it sounds stupid but I'd rather this team spend all practice's with shooting drills(skill drills) than doing what they're doing now. The cotton candy/mickey mouse pace isn't conducive to our success. At the least, sharpen and hone your skills in practice.

Seriously, what player looks like they are at the top of their game skills wise?

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
As I've mentioned, I've gotten away from thinking the coach is a panacea, but I really think players coaches are bad for Panarin.

His best 200-foot hockey was under Torts.
Panarin's fitness level was at another level back then, he looks half cooked now in comparison. He is a smart player so he has adapted his style to compensate, but the question is if his current style is what the Rangers need at that price point.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
As I've mentioned, I've gotten away from thinking the coach is a panacea, but I really think players coaches are bad for Panarin.

It's been the obvious issue for a while. This team needs a disciplinarian.

Not just Panarin either but most of our top guys

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Actually I don’t think he has been particularly bad defensively. It’s the predictability and lazy Hail Mary passing on offense that really hurts us.

It's been the obvious issue for a while. This team needs a disciplinarian.

Not just Panarin either but most of our top guys
That might work for a bit but I think it would lead to bigger problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad