Malkin staying in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool_*

"Actually, I was ready to compete with Alexander (Ovehckin) and Sidney (Crosby) for the Calder Trophy. But my agents told me that it'd be easier to win the trophy in a year."

:biglaugh:

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Looking at the Penguins roster, I couldn't imagine they would count on two rookies to center the first two lines. Good thing for him and Oveshkin. This winger will have a year to show up before the world notice Washington made the wrong pick by selecting this winger instead of the 11 month younger centerman. ;)

rulin

Jan 30, 2004
Claypool said:
"Actually, I was ready to compete with Alexander (Ovehckin) and Sidney (Crosby) for the Calder Trophy. But my agents told me that it'd be easier to win the trophy in a year."

That stood out for me, too. I bet his agent is happy with that little quote.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
This news - as sad as it is - was posted at least twice in other forums, wasn't it ?

Claypool_*

The only good thing about this news is that Pens fans have something to look forward to next year even after this offseason. :)

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Kafka said:
Looking at the Penguins roster, I couldn't imagine they would count on two rookies to center the first two lines. Good thing for him and Oveshkin. This winger will have a year to show up before the world notice Washington made the wrong pick by selecting this winger instead of the 11 month younger centerman. ;)

rofl, i love board comedians!

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I said he probably should stay another year in the RSL. And looks like I'm right.

He 'could' play in the NHL now. But a year of development and seasoning won't be a bad thing in anyway.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Claypool said:

Primadonna. ;)

Deleted member 3032

Claypool said:

I thought you were making a joke with that quote until I read the article and saw it in there. :amazed:

I think there may be a chance he was joking about that comment, as I found it quite funny. I could be giving him too much credit, though. I just find it a little hard to believe that a) he'd honestly think that, and b) he'd be stupid enough to publically say that. If you seriously wanted people to think you were better than they think (by winning the calder), wouldn't you not tell everyone that?

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&stream=sl_interviews&id=291

Question: Substantial parts of the NHL rookie’s revenues are various bonuses. Have you thought that it’d be harder to earn them this season while Ovechkin and Crosby are rookies than the next season?
E. Malkin: Actually, I was ready to compete with Alexander and Sidney for the Calder Trophy. But my agents told me that it’d be easier to win the trophy in a year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew, as soon as I saw it last night, that this would be the next big thing here at HF.

Personally, I think its taken out of context, a joke, nothing. I don't think from the tone of the conversation and the wording that he is saying "I'm staying here so I can win the Calder next year" as much as he is saying "I was ready to compete, and my agent said the same as you, meh, whatever"

But go ahead kids, by all means run with it. By the end of this thread Malkin will be declared a bust. You heard it here folks.

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
This is all nonsense. The guy is not stupid, and no way would he say something like that and actually mean it. PIT coulnd't agree on a transfer fee that would suit them, and Malkin certainly won't publicly burn his team, so instead of saying "I wanted to play in the NHL, but my current team is managed by a bunch of greedy bastards", he avoids the subject with a joke that is actually funny when viewed as one. From the previous interviews with him I read and saw even before he was drafted, smarts isn't something he is lacking.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
The Penguins are going to be happy 6 years from now when Malkin is still their property instead of UFA age, and he entered the league as an impact player because he got an extra year of development.

znarok

Aug 22, 2005
HFboards
Epsilon said:
The Penguins are going to be happy 6 years from now when Malkin is still their property instead of UFA age, and he entered the league as an impact player because he got an extra year of development.
ABSOLUTELY, AGREE!!! :clap:

Definitely, it's true, he'll be more mature to get on a horse (meaning NHL). :yo:

CH Wizard

Claypool said:

His agent and him are dumbasses........this quote is enough for me. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad