Malkin hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Russianprospects.com reported that he was injured in Dynamo's previous game--he did not play in today's game (a 6-0 win over Amur ..1G+2 A for Igor Mirnov).....but you need "premier" coverage to access the whole story on their site? Any RSL watchers who post to this board have the scoop? Is it a serious injury for Malkin?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's on the Metallurg (sp?) official website as simply being a serious concussion. The rough translation says there isn't an exact timetable for his return but he could be out at least until April.
http://www.metallurg.ru/news/10224/

Last edited:

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
It's on the Metallurg (sp?) official website as simply being a serious concussion. The rough translation says there isn't an exact timetable for his return but he could be out at least until April.
http://www.metallurg.ru/news/10224/

My sports day is going just great......the Caps just dealt Bondra for not near enough and the guy I most want them to get in the draft (the one consolation from this unbearable season) has gotten a serious enough concussion to keep him out almost 2 months...this is just lovely! :mad:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Olesz/Malkin concussions are definitely bad news for whoever ends up picking 2nd. Probably no biggie in the long run, though.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Jacobv2 said:
The Olesz/Malkin concussions are definitely bad news for whoever ends up picking 2nd. Probably no biggie in the long run, though.

I agree.
This coming draft will be interesting: Barker value is dropping and both Malkin and Olesz had concussions and this is enough to keep them out of the top 5.
Anyway the popular top four of the boards "Ovechkin, Malkin, Olesz. Barker" is not going to happen IMO.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well CSB is obviously not the answer. First, they are often way off, and second they're more of a reflection of something wrong than the source.

My question was "WHY" is his stock falling?

His play from what I've heard has been superb, numbers are here to back it up.
What's wrong?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Dark Metamorphosis said:
anyone see schremp and tukonen going top 5 now?

Any team that has a top five pick, and is looking for a gamebreaking offensive talent will take a long look at Schremp IMO.

The Hamburglar

Jun 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:

Sorry but that gave me an eerie reminder of the 1999 draft and a fellow named Patrik Stefan.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't recall if Stefan had concussions then or continues to. Does he?

He's not exactly panning out, but I'm not so sure injuries have anything to do with it.

The Hamburglar

Jun 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
I don't recall if Stefan had concussions then or continues to. Does he?

He's not exactly panning out, but I'm not so sure injuries have anything to do with it.

He did have more than one concussion before being drafted....mostly in the IHL.

Actually he only played like 20 some games in his draft year because of a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad