Proposal: Malcolm Subban for Condon

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Condon at least made the habs out of training camp last season, earning the back-up role with the habs behind Price, something Subban has yet to do with the Bruins, if he does not beat out khudobin this season it will be back in the Ahl for Subban , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him. Condon a boston native will have to beat out Montoya this year , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him as well, and perhaps he can beat out khudobin at boston camp this year.

Subban is extremely athletic and still has starter potential, IMO. He also had a serious injury at the end of the year and having the added pressure of performing as the backup to a playoff hopeful team is the last thing he needs.

He's also only 22, even if he doesn't beat out Khudobin in 2017-2018 I wouldn't be worried. Goalies need time to marinate and grow, which Subban will do.

Btw, the above reason is exactly why I hate spending 1st round draft picks on goalies. Subban was a 2012 draft pick and its still acceptable for him to be developing. Wish that pick was spent on a player instead.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Subban is an AHL goalie right now. Unless the NHL somehow injects another expansion team, what are the chances that Subban will get picked?

Las Vegas will get three goalies. They're only getting one player from each team. They'll surely take a prospect for one of their goalie choices, but I don't think it'll be Subban. There are definitely teams with good goalies in the pipeline that have to worry more than Boston.

Subban is a top end Goalie prospect. They need to choose 3 goalies, that makes Subban a very logical choice to take from Boston

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Condon sucks. Then again I don't think Subban will ever be a starter either. Way too overactive in his crease, but who knows he's very athletic. I'd still take Subban over Condon any day.

That's why I think the B's brought Dobi back, to give Malcolm another year or two development time and see if he can make the development steps he needs to. Don't think they are ready to give up on him just yet. I do believe they want him to work out and to eventually be Tuukka's replacement. Just hope they don't miss out on something else in the meantime that may have a higher ceiling.

moon*

Condon at least made the habs out of training camp last season, earning the back-up role with the habs behind Price, something Subban has yet to do with the Bruins, if he does not beat out khudobin this season it will be back in the Ahl for Subban , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him. Condon a boston native will have to beat out Montoya this year , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him as well, and perhaps he can beat out khudobin at boston camp this year.

Sure he made the Canadiens team out of camp but he then proceeded to suck for the season.

Why would the Bruins trade a younger goalie who is at worst equal to Condon and likely actually more skilled?

Condon isn't an upgrade over Khobodin, isn't an upgrade over Subban and while Subban is likely never going to be anything more than a mediocre back-up/AHl goalie at least he has the youth/time to still develop into something more. Condon at this point is what he is a bad back-up or AHL guy.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Have a feeling subban will eventually gets traded, thus keeping Sweeney's long time goal in mind of having 95% us born players on the bruins roster.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Considering the circumstances, I feel Condon actually did a lot better than what most of you are saying.

That being said...Condon for Subban ? Come on. No way Boston agrees to this, and quite frankly, I'm not sure Bergevin would be interested in bringing PK's little brother over in the first place.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
mike condon's save percentage was .903% last season. The last 5 games he played for Montreal his save percentage was .929%. He won 21 games for the montreal Canadiens last season. He wasn't as bad as people mention

moon*

mike condon's save percentage was .903% last season. The last 5 games he played for Montreal his save percentage was .929%. He won 21 games for the montreal Canadiens last season. He wasn't as bad as people mention

.903 is a bad save percentage.

And cherry picking good games is a terrbile way to judge a player.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
MTL has no reason to do this. They already have a barely AHL overated prospect in Fucale.

Neutral fan jumping in. Subban had a .920 in his first 2 AHL years and only dropped this year because of a concussion I belive. He is a pretty darn good goalie prospect putting up very respectable numbers in the AHL

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
time will tell how long it will take subban to crack the bruins line-up. This was just a proposal put out there to get a reaction from fans from both teams and get opinions. Was not hoping it would happen, plus when was the last time the bruins and canadiens completed a hockey trade. Interesting to find out ?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
.903 is a bad save percentage.

And cherry picking good games is a terrbile way to judge a player.

Let's be real though, Subban would probably have had the same poor numbers if he was in the same situation Condon was in last year. Condon wasn't even supposed to make the team out of camp and he ended up being our starter most of the year.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
He should trade for Jordan Subban to save face, not Malcolm. They both play RHD too. Casual fans will think he never left!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad