Proposal: Malcolm Subban for Condon

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
While the logistics of it are interesting ( Montreal-Boston trade, Subban to MTL for a Boston native coming back home ) the Bruins just signed Anton Khuodobin to be the backup to Rask.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Condon sucks. Then again I don't think Subban will ever be a starter either. Way too overactive in his crease, but who knows he's very athletic. I'd still take Subban over Condon any day.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This is one of the worst proposals I have seen on here. What on earth does Boston get out of this other than worse?

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
When we trade Condon, it will be to a team that needs a backup and with Lindgren and Montoya under contract, we won't be taking a goalie back. Likely a 3rd-5th pick and/or a so-so prospect. Nashville? San Jose?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
boston laugh and hangs up. condon was terrible last year. pretty much showed he is not good for more han 12-15 games as a backup. Malcom still has upside and is 3 years younger. at least throw in a 2nd or something because this is just brutal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin couldn't care less about saving face. He's been saying it since he started that he won't make a move to please fans if he believes he's improving the team. And bring in a Subban who isn't PK would never do that anyways. He's not in it to be popular. Nor should ANY GM.

Condon should be on his way out but it won't be to get a goalie back. Between NHL and AHL, Habs have Price, Montoya, Condon, Lindgren, and Fucale. They are getting rid of one of them (Fucale or Condon) but they will not get a goalie back. They'll probably use one to get a D.

They may look like they need Top-6 forward, but with Radulov signed, we have 5 (Patches, Chucky, Gally, Pleky & Rads) guaranteed top-6 and we have someone like Andrighetto, Shaw, and Carr who can step into that sixth spot. We also have Reway, Hudon, Lehkonen, and Scherbak who can make things interesting at camp.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
How would Bergevin save face? Stupid move and it will take something much bigger than this for him to save face and get the fans support again.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Condon was bad, but was not Malcolm Subban bad. Habs keep the superior goalie.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Boston will probably have to trade Subban to avoid losing him for nothing in Expansion, right?

I'm not saying for this deal, but for something.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Boston will probably have to trade Subban to avoid losing him for nothing in Expansion, right?

I'm not saying for this deal, but for something.

Subban is an AHL goalie right now. Unless the NHL somehow injects another expansion team, what are the chances that Subban will get picked?

Las Vegas will get three goalies. They're only getting one player from each team. They'll surely take a prospect for one of their goalie choices, but I don't think it'll be Subban. There are definitely teams with good goalies in the pipeline that have to worry more than Boston.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Subban is an AHL goalie right now. Unless the NHL somehow injects another expansion team, what are the chances that Subban will get picked?

Las Vegas will get three goalies. They're only getting one player from each team. They'll surely take a prospect for one of their goalie choices, but I don't think it'll be Subban. There are definitely teams with good goalies in the pipeline that have to worry more than Boston.

A former first round pick who has been a good AHL goalie for three years now, and will most probably be a good AHL goalie for a fourth year in a row now, and only 23 at the time of the draft.

Sure, it remains to be seen what other goalies will be available for an LV pick, and yes, there may be a more enticing piece from Boston than Subban.

Is risking losing him for nothing worth it though? I don't know.

Next off-season will surely be a pretty crazy one.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Condon at least made the habs out of training camp last season, earning the back-up role with the habs behind Price, something Subban has yet to do with the Bruins, if he does not beat out khudobin this season it will be back in the Ahl for Subban , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him. Condon a boston native will have to beat out Montoya this year , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him as well, and perhaps he can beat out khudobin at boston camp this year.

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
Condon at least made the habs out of training camp last season, earning the back-up role with the habs behind Price, something Subban has yet to do with the Bruins, if he does not beat out khudobin this season it will be back in the Ahl for Subban , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him. Condon a boston native will have to beat out Montoya this year , perhaps a change of scenery will be good for him as well, and perhaps he can beat out khudobin at boston camp this year.

I was hoping this thread was intended to be funny but clearly not the case.

Khudobin was signed for 2 years so barring him struggling terribly, he will be the backup in Boston next season. That will keep Malcolm in the AHL to gain more experience. Malcolm only played in 28 combined games last season due to the puck in the throat. Subban is also a former 1st round pick and is only 22. Condon is 26 and was undrafted. Trade makes no sense at all not even taking into consideration that it's Boston and Montreal we are talking about here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad