Makar vs Hughes

Who would you take?

• Total voters

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Went with Hughes because this could get out of hand. Makar is better, but not by a lot, however everyone will likely vote Makar making this look really uneven.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Ohhh great this thread AGAIN.

The pissing match discussion between these two is worse than Laine and Matthews rookie season. And that was pretty bad.
Lol it's probably the same as that one. This one is pretty close with both guys having different play styles and strengths which helps the debate go on. I don't think fans of either team trade their guy for the other and they aren't crazy for thinking that way. Cheers to all the Av's and Canucks fans who have managed to stay mostly out of the mud. All ten of us.

Reactions: Kreator

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Just when we started to get along with Nucks fans. Damn it !
We will never get along with Canucks fans. Lol! This has nothing to do with the Calder discussion. Just who people would prefer to have on their team. Age is bs because these guys are going to be in the league together for the next 15+ years and primes will be at the same time

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Ohhh great this thread AGAIN.

The pissing match discussion between these two is worse than Laine and Matthews rookie season. And that was pretty bad.
When was this a thread? I don’t remember seeing it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Interesting comparison, both rookie D-men having a great year. I see a lot of parallels here.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I see it as neck-and-neck. Makar is slightly more dynamic, at this point, but one additional year of development is quite significant this early in their careers.

We won't know the answer for quite a few years to come and, even though, it might not be so clear. They are VERY close.

And lmfao at the guy who parrots "AINEC". Come on...

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Both great players. Top 5 Ds maybe as early as next season

I would not trade Hughes for Makar

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Still Makar for me but Hughes has really impressed this season.

Thought all his little spinorama blind backhand pass stuff we saw from him in college wouldn't translate very well but he's been proving me wrong. Just a really really smart player and one of the best skaters in the league all ready. Averaging nearly 22 minutes as a 20 year old defenseman on a playoff team is crazy.

Reactions: Makar27

lawrence

May 19, 2012
When was this a thread? I don’t remember seeing it.

Not sure if you’re new around here, there’s been at least 3 makar vs Hughes within the past 9 months is what he means this thread again, not this exact thread but the polls with exactly Hughes vs makar.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Makar is better right now.

The question is, in one year's time, when Hughes is at the same point in his career that Makar is currently, would he be at Makar's current level? Or better? Or worse?

I think at the very least he is able to match where Makar is at currently, seeing as there isn't a huge gap between them right now.

There is no wrong answer in this thread. They will both provide you very similar things. It's just a matter of preference, I don't see either one of them being significantly better than the other one throughout their primes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad