Makar and byram vs Seider and Raymond vs. tkachuk brothers

Makar and byram vs Seider and Raymond vs. tkachuk brothers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeydog23

Aug 21, 2020
All are 4th or 6th overall picks from 2016-2020. To give last years rookies a bit more time to develop, which pair you got for a 2024 cup run in two years? No contracts consideration.

hockeydog23

Aug 21, 2020
Very strange comparisons, Makar and Byram is the clear choice to me.

I might take Makar alone over the other duo's
Why strange? My reasoning was all young stars drafted in basically same slot over last few years. Go ask wings fans and I’d guess half of them would probably tell you they wouldn’t trade Seider for Makar. Seider is legit both ways and could easily win Norris in next few years. Older tkachuk coming off a 104 pt season as an elite wing who’s also an agitator. Byram has lots of upside but concussion risk. Raymond started hot as a rookie, and Brady tkachuk might break into 40 goal, 90 pt territory this year.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Why strange? My reasoning was all young stars drafted in basically same slot over last few years. Go ask wings fans and I’d guess half of them would probably tell you they wouldn’t trade Seider for Makar. Seider is legit both ways and could easily win Norris in next few years. Older tkachuk coming off a 104 pt season as an elite wing who’s also an agitator. Byram has lots of upside but concussion risk. Raymond started hot as a rookie, and Brady tkachuk might break into 40 goal, 90 pt territory this year.
Just because guys were drafted in the same spots in adjacent drafts doesn't make the comparisons make sense. First of all you have 2 defenseman vs 2 forwards vs 1 of each, hard to compare duos when they aren't the same positions. Second of all players are at completely different stages of their career/development. Wings fans step forth if you would trade Seider for Makar, because if you would you should have your talking hockey card provoked. One is already the best defenseman in the league, absolute best case scenario the other becomes close to the player Makar is now at his prime. Same goes for Tkachuk (Matthew) vs Raymond. A 2016 draft player who is already a 100 point guy vs a 2020 draft player who looks like a budding superstar but is not nearly at that level yet. 2016 vs 2020 is a huge gap

Last edited:

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site

The fact that the majority of Wings fans would take Seider over Makar tells you a lot about their ability to assess the game of hockey.

Reactions: NikB and McJedi

hockeydog23

Aug 21, 2020
The fact that the majority of Wings fans would take Seider over Makar tells you a lot about their ability to assess the game of hockey.
I don't know if its a fact about Wings fans, but definitely is my sense. They're pretty high on him. He scored 50 points as a rookie on a team devoid of talent while physically dominating men. He's already very good, and has the potential to be great. The poll is also about which set of players you'd want for a cup run in 2024. By then Seider might be competing for Norris's with Makar (and maybe Byram).

hockeydog23

Aug 21, 2020
Just because guys were drafted in the same spots in adjacent drafts doesn't make the comparisons make sense. First of all you have 2 defenseman vs 2 forwards vs 1 of each, hard to compare duos when they aren't the same positions. Second of all players are at completely different stages of their career/development. Wings fans step forth if you would trade Seider for Makar, because if you would you should have your talking hockey card provoked. One is already the best defenseman in the league, absolute best case scenario the other becomes close to the player Makar is now at his prime. Same goes for Tkachuk (Matthew) vs Raymond. A 2016 draft player who is already a 100 point guy vs a 2020 draft player who looks like a budding superstar but is not nearly at that level yet. 2016 vs 2020 is a huge gap
There are posts all the time that compare forwards and dmen. There was a Makar v. Matthews post recently. You're entitled to your opinion but this is a group of superstar or superstar trajectory players all drafted in the same spot in a relatively short period of time. While Makar v. Fox or Dahlin v. Power threads are more obvious comparisons, those threads are pretty worn out and just end up being a pissing match between fans. Thought it would be fun to discuss this one, especially given how bullish the Red Wings are on Seider (and should be).

You make some good points about development. I agree, which is why the OP asks for which pair you'd take in 2024.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

:55 is all you need to know.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Replace Byram with the assistant equipment manager and I still vote him and Makar

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If your ability to assess the game of hockey is so good, I'd love to hear a coherent argument on why Seider can't possibly be right up there with Makar in 2-3 years.
I could possibly be up there with Makar in 2-3 years but believe me, it wont happen.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I assume Byram is healthy going forward - I pick the Colorado pair of D's.

Tkachuk's are really good too, but as wingers they impact the game less than Colorado's duo.

The Red Wings duo is younger than the other two right now, tough to say. They could end up better but it's hard to pass a 23 years old Norris + CS winner.

Reactions: McJedi

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If your ability to assess the game of hockey is so good, I'd love to hear a coherent argument on why Seider can't possibly be right up there with Makar in 2-3 years.
Several Avs fans say the same thing about Byram.

do you think Raymond will be up there with McDavid in 2-3 years? Seider and Byram have the same chance of reaching Makar status.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Weird poll. Why wouldn’t you take the 2 guys who have already done it.
And also 2 sets of teammates vs brothers who play for different teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad