Madden 22 (PC / Xbox / PS)

Sep 19, 2008
I'm waiting for reviews on this too. I usually like to play franchise but havent in years because it seems so stale.
Have been busy grinding MUT, too busy to run a franchise

from what I have seen they finally listened to the fans and made changes

Not sure what

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't care about improvements to any mode as long as the gameplay is as it is. As long as coverage is as broken as it is and sometimes it just feels like whatever you do, you can't actually influence what happens on the field I wont look at Madden again.

I actually liked the Gameplay for the PS5 upgrade. Nothing earth shattering but I had fun playing the game.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
sure, if you're as lobotomized as the AI Controlled defenders, you probably can have fun with the Gameplay :P

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Haven't bought Madden since Madden 16 but think I'll give this one a go when it comes out. More a franchise guy than anything so hopefully it'll be fun to get back into.

Sep 19, 2008
The fact that they essentially put out two different Maddens is insulting. One for the rich bois with their next gen consoles and one for us plebes

Madden 22 on PS5 / Xbox Series X might as well be another different game. ATmosphere, environment factors, x factors, ALL different

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The fact that they essentially put out two different Maddens is insulting. One for the rich bois with their next gen consoles and one for us plebes

Madden 22 on PS5 / Xbox Series X might as well be another different game. ATmosphere, environment factors, x factors, ALL different
stop being poor!

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I want to make a QB and stick him on my team in Franchise and be able to mess with the playbook. In years past you weren't able to do it (at least I couldn't figure it out without it glitching) and play offense only and super simming the rest. Are you able to do that in this game?

Sep 19, 2008
I want to make a QB and stick him on my team in Franchise and be able to mess with the playbook. In years past you weren't able to do it (at least I couldn't figure it out without it glitching) and play offense only and super simming the rest. Are you able to do that in this game?
You've always been able to make your own playbooks and Sim offense only

Sep 19, 2008
Reviews are very positive for Madden on NEXT GEN

- Massive improvements presentation wise

- gameplay is outstanding and glitches are fixed

- dynamic stadium environments lead to more exciting factors that affect gameday such as the camera shake when the crowd makes noise

- franchise is retooled for more detail

- EA actually listened to their customers and fixed a lot of what was broken while keeping what worked (the cellies)

However as you can tell this is just for Next Gen and Madden 22 on PC or more outdated consoles PS4 and Xbox is essentially 21 :laugh:

So depending on your console this may be a purchase worth it. But only if you have a next gen console.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Reviews are very positive for Madden on NEXT GEN

- Massive improvements presentation wise

- gameplay is outstanding and glitches are fixed

- dynamic stadium environments lead to more exciting factors that affect gameday such as the camera shake when the crowd makes noise

- franchise is retooled for more detail

- EA actually listened to their customers and fixed a lot of what was broken while keeping what worked (the cellies)

However as you can tell this is just for Next Gen and Madden 22 on PC or more outdated consoles PS4 and Xbox is essentially 21 :laugh:

So depending on your console this may be a purchase worth it. But only if you have a next gen console.
Show me user reviews then I will decide on getting it or not.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Anyone that is playing franchise mode just a couple of questions I hope you can help me with.

is free agency still the same? I hate how you get one shot to make an offer. Players should be able to go back and say I got this offer and you get the choice of beating it.

not sure if the new scouting system is in or that comes with the September update. If the ew scouting system is in how is it?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Anyone that is playing franchise mode just a couple of questions I hope you can help me with.

is free agency still the same? I hate how you get one shot to make an offer. Players should be able to go back and say I got this offer and you get the choice of beating it.

not sure if the new scouting system is in or that comes with the September update. If the ew scouting system is in how is it?
Haven't tried out free agency yet but the scouting update hasn't happened yet.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Just played the trial on Xbox Series X. I felt the game was terrible. Admittedly I am not a huge football fan so (I was when I was younger). The game actually annoyed me, everything about it seemed obnoxious and convoluted.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ok so the game is worse on last/current gen. I was kinda getting an itch for a football game but I guess I’ll just wait.

Reactions: John Price

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
The game is slightly better. I'm a little older now and the soundtrack is unbelievably bad. Sorry, don't get the music.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's comical how they're not even hiding their greed anymore.

Watching some MUT streamers and i noticed now base "elite" cards (aka; the best players in football) have gone from a cutoff of 85 overall to starting at 80 overall. Those cards are designed to be obsolete just way more blatantly now

Like why even bother

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
It's comical how they're not even hiding their greed anymore.

Watching some MUT streamers and i noticed now base "elite" cards (aka; the best players in football) have gone from a cutoff of 85 overall to starting at 80 overall. Those cards are designed to be obsolete just way more blatantly now

Like why even bother
That is not necessarily a bad thing. Jumping too quickly to the 90s is bad for game play sustainability. The one problem I had with MLB the show this year is they blew their load too quickly this year releasing high 90 cards at the mid way point of the season. I felt like there was no point left in playing as their way no incremental improvements left to be made to my team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad