Macster's Mock Draft

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I don't have a problem with the Blues picks(EJ, Burki, Foligno), but I still don't see Jarmo passing on Forney if he's still there in the 2nd round. If any 1 player in this draft screams "Jarmo type reach" to me it's Forney.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
macster said:
I've added my picks for the second round to my first rounders.

I like the Flyers picks. We need skill and grit on the wings, and offensive, puck-moving d-men. I bet we use at least 2 of the our 4 picks in the first two rounds on defensemen, but Clutterbuck and Anhelov sound promising

Macster

Aug 26, 2005
Hammonds Plains, NS
kimzey59 said:
I don't have a problem with the Blues picks(EJ, Burki, Foligno), but I still don't see Jarmo passing on Forney if he's still there in the 2nd round. If any 1 player in this draft screams "Jarmo type reach" to me it's Forney.

Sorry, maybe I'm an idiot, but who's Jarmo?

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
macster said:
Sorry, maybe I'm an idiot, but who's Jarmo?

The short answer: The Blues Head Scout

The Long Answer: The guy who built Ottawa's powerhouse offense.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
kimzey59 said:
I have to agree on Foligno - he's not the BPA given who's still on the board at 31, so the Blues won't take him as a result.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
H N I C said:
Leafs don't have depth on defense? They have Colaiacovo, Bell, White, Harrison, Kronwall, Vorobiev, and Strahlman. Colaiacovo most like will be with the Leafs next year and White and one of Bell, Harrison, and Kronwall will also try to earn a spot.

Not what I call a very deep or talented group of d-men prospects.

Macster

Aug 26, 2005
Hammonds Plains, NS
Fozz said:
Not what I call a very deep or talented group of d-men prospects.

Thats why i went with Nigel Williams going to the Buds. I like Colaiacovo and Kronwall but thats about it. Also, one or both of those guys will be in the NHL next season IMO so there will be no top D prospect in the system.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Jesse Joensuu. I know he's falling in a lot of ranking, but i like him personnally and i hope the habs also does.

I dont think he's going to fall all the way down to the 60th pick. Middle of the 2nd round max and it's pushing it. Size too much of a factor to pass on this guy, especially considering he's not a talentless player either ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad