Confirmed with Link: MacKinnon extended! 8 years, 12.6 AAV

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wanna say it’s karma that he passed up his own hat trick to give a teammate his first and then had 4 goals the very next game. But it’s not karma it’s leadership and hard work. I actually was just thinking he’s finally deserving of the ‘C’ and should have been wearing it this season in Landys absence.

One thing that doesn't get enough love is Mack's effort level and desire to win. That shit is contagious. He's not a leader, but it's still a huge component in building a culture.

But he also isn't captain material. He's reigned it in his tantrums over the years, but we've seen it this year - when things aren't going well there's no leader like Landy, it leads to things leaking like Toews calling out his teammates.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
One thing that doesn't get enough love is Mack's effort level and desire to win. That shit is contagious. He's not a leader, but it's still a huge component in building a culture.

But he also isn't captain material. He's reigned it in his tantrums over the years, but we've seen it this year - when things aren't going well there's no leader like Landy, it leads to things leaking like Toews calling out his teammates.
He’s absolutely a leader. How many people have said that his effort is infectious? You can be a leader without being vocal.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Another 8 years?! Damn didn't we just do this like a year or 2 ago. Whats this one take him to? 45 years old?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Yeah he is having a great year offensively and he is doing a pretty good job defensively as well. I really hope this is his year to finally win the Hart. He really deserves it.

I have always been one of his harsher critics about turnovers. I have to admit that for the past two months he has been pretty good at reducing those. He still has tendencies to force passes but overall he is doing much better.
The last few games have shown Nate skating at a speed and intensity where everyone else on the ice is eating his dust (ice chips). It's just a whole 'nother gear that he has engaged or tapped into.

The coolest part of this is how Cale has taken up the challenge and has decided to skate with Nate at his level.

Others are doing the same.... LOC, Cogs, Wood, Colton, Drouin, etc.. It's really raising the Avs game overall.

(And it makes Rants, Johansen and McDermott look like slugs on the ice... lol)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He's said as recently as 2022 that he doesn't want to be captain. Even if Landeskog has to hang up his skates this summer I'll bet anything that MacK would turn down an offer to wear the C. He's a hugely important component of the leadership group, no doubt, but if the worst happens Makar will get the C. He's much more in the archetype of an Avs captain, anyway.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's said as recently as 2022 that he doesn't want to be captain. Even if Landeskog has to hang up his skates this summer I'll bet anything that MacK would turn down an offer to wear the C. He's a hugely important component of the leadership group, no doubt, but if the worst happens Makar will get the C. He's much more in the archetype of an Avs captain, anyway.
Cale captain after Mack turned it down would be the best scenario indeed.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Captain has to deal with a lot of media BS, sponsors and whatnot. Cale is built for that. MacKinnon is not, you can't even get him on the ice for and interview after getting 1st star some night. Leave him alone, he knows what he's doing.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I love how MacKinnon has been playing after a kind of so-so stretch at the start. Playing like he wants to prove there's a reason he's the highest paid player in the league.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad