Player Discussion MacArthur Concussion | Jan 20 UPDATE: Shut down for the year

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not to jump the gun, but does anyone know if his contract is insured? We're pretty much at our max budget already....

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
As much as this sucks, it likely would have happened sooner or later (he's already had so many concussions). That said I never saw the hit and if it was that bad... well **** him!

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
As much as this sucks, it likely would have happened sooner or later (he's already had so many concussions). That said I never saw the hit and if it was that bad... well **** him!

But the fact that it happened in a scrimmage is way worse than if he got in an actual game. This is just horrible news. I'll be honest, I'm ****ing livid right now. I get that he has to make a name for himself, but why hit MacArthur? Hit Neil or Boro, but don't go after a guy with a history of concussions in a ****ing practice.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
End of his career and probably Sielhoff's as well. Sens will waive him.

Certainly the end of his career with Ottawa. Even if he is genuinely apologetic, I don't see how he'd fit into a locker room after (potentially) ending the career of one of the teams respected veterans. What a big **** up.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Certainly the end of his career with Ottawa. Even if he is genuinely apologetic, I don't see how he'd fit into a locker room after (potentially) ending the career of one of the teams respected veterans. What a big **** up.

Sieloff will likely spend the year between Wichita and Bingo. Wont get a sniff of the big club

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Watching Clarke being helped off the ice made me very sad and very angry at the same time. If I were Sieloff, I would get out of the building as fast as I could.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sieloff will likely spend the year between Wichita and Bingo. Wont get a sniff of the big club

If Mac is done and Ottawa trades for a middle 6 guy, I bet they slip Sieloff in there as a "throw in".

In a way, I feel bad for the guy. People were pissed at Robinson for concussing Stone, but it wasn't a big enough deal to end Robinson's career in Ottawa because Stone will in all likelihood be as fine as you can be after suffering a concussion. For Seiloff it was one **** up on the wrong player at the wrong time, and all of a sudden he is the most hated hockey player in the city and may have done significant damage to his hockey career.

Again, not defending him. But I can put myself in his shoes and see how this could be the worst day of his life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad