GDT: LXXIII | "Duck and Cover" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 3.22.17 | 8:00PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Not sure why they are keeping Khaira around if they are not planning to give him a game.
I guess he might get the Colarado games. Caggiula can use a break.

I suspect we'll see something like that.

I actually think they keep these guys around, because there are limited available call ups at the end of the year and they still get some "experience" from being on the team while this run to the playoffs is on going.

Yes they lack in on-ice experience, but there's still plenty the young players should be able to get out of the stretch run.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

I actually think they keep these guys around, because there are limited available call ups at the end of the year and they still get some "experience" from being on the team while this run to the playoffs is on going.

Yes they lack in on-ice experience, but there's still plenty the young players should be able to get out of the stretch run.

yeh its muddy waters when it comes to usage of Caggiula, Puljujarvi, Khaira and Broissoit. Hopefully we arent messing with them too much.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Ducks line up look deep...
Perry is on the 3rd line and Vatanen is on the bottom pairing.

Adding Eaves has given them the depth and Kesler line has been able to neutralize our top line. Cogliano is going for his 777th consecutive game in NHL.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Gregor was talking about the callup thing the other day how it should be 4 players and not callups. With that being said haven't we only used 1? Would it be such a big deal to send one guy down at this point?

Keeping in mind it's not like you can't call guys up after the regular season or if you run into injuries.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007

Adding Eaves has given them the depth and Kesler line has been able to neutralize our top line. Cogliano is going for his 777th consecutive game in NHL.

If I am not mistaken, Cogliano has not missed a single game in his almost 10 years in the NHL. That's pretty incredible. I wonder if it's the record.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
If I am not mistaken, Cogliano has not missed a single game in his almost 10 years in the NHL. That's pretty incredible. I wonder if it's the record.

Nope. Getting there though.

Doug Jarvis currently holds the record for most consecutive games played with 964, never missing a regular season game in his NHL career. Glenn Hall is the only goaltender to play 500 or more consecutive games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_players_with_500_consecutive_games_played

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
not to go all Remenda but Rakell and Silfverberg are good players.

I really don't like the Ducks though....not in a "**** that team" way....just nothing to cheer for......they had their run with their super team.....they have some good young D I guess....meh.

I also don't know what all the hype about Lindholm is about.....

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

I really don't like the Ducks though....not in a "**** that team" way....just nothing to cheer for......they had their run with their super team.....they have some good young D I guess....meh.

its a good team..

They have a good shut down line.. I believe McD only has 1 points against them in 3GP.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Is this a photoshop???

I am not used to seeing an Oiler celebrate over a corpse of the opponent, usually it was an Oiler lying there. And why does Draisaitl seem so happy? That is one mean German.

Not a photoshop.

here is another great angle of it:

C3EcEooUoAQR2ky.jpg

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Getzlaf and Perry don't scare me like they used to. Anaheim is a very beatable team now for the Oilers. Lets hope that McDavid breaks out against Kesler and the Ducks tonight.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tired of playing pretenders like the Kings, Stars, and Canucks. Bring on the real competition and let's see how our new and improved team does. Ducks-Oilers could very well be a play off preview. Time to go duck hunting.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

"Connor McDavid just scored a GOTY candidate to clinch the Art Ross and 1st spot in the Pacific Division for the Oilers' 1st playoff appearance in 10 years, but lets go back. Take a look at how Rakell's skates are tied with a double-knot, not the single-knot typically seen on young players' skates today. That's the sign of young guy who is truly committed to ankle support and therefore being the best player he can possibly be. Let's take a look at another angle on those skate laces . . . "

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
"Connor McDavid just scored a GOTY candidate to clinch the Art Ross and 1st spot in the Pacific Division for the Oilers' 1st playoff appearance in 10 years, but lets go back. Take a look at how Rakell's skates are tied with a double-knot, not the single-knot typically seen on young players' skates today. That's the sign of young guy who is truly committed to ankle support and therefore being the best player he can possibly be. Let's take a look at another angle on those skate laces . . . "

I literally read that with Remenda's voice in my head :laugh:

Can you imagine what another ass kicking would do to the Ducks psyche? Could be an advantage in the playoffs.

Would also boost up the confidence of the Oilers further + adding another win to become a 5th win in a row.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

That's uncanny how you nailed it!

Go Oil.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

With how he has played this year, that's where he belongs.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Never noticed this till now but we have been so lucky staying healthy this season. Our top 6 forwards plus Klefbom have played every single game.

shuddup.

you better be knocking on wood

:shakehead

this crap infuriates me. its not like you are saying anything that people dont already know. go jinx elsewhere.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

you nailed it

captured his tone perfectly

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Getzlaf and Perry don't scare me like they used to. Anaheim is a very beatable team now for the Oilers. Lets hope that McDavid breaks out against Kesler and the Ducks tonight.

their team has always scared me from a bore perspective. ive always been bored watching the ducks. i cant remember any coach that had this organization playing entertaining hockey in the last 15 years. the Ducks should just be called The Sleeping Pills.

Can you imagine what another ass kicking would do to the Ducks psyche? Could be an advantage in the playoffs.

Might be the first round matchup. need to get some gamesmanship going and send messages early.
Lucic, i expect to have a dirty night in their faces. planting some seeds for how heavy the Oilers will play them.

from an entertainment perspective...i really hope the oilers dont play the ducks in the 1st round. but i do think the ducks are the easiest of the 8 teams to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad