GDT: LXXIII | "Duck and Cover" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 3.22.17 | 8:00PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Slepyshev replacing Hendricks on the 4th line is the only change according to Jack Michaels.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just stop wearing them

:laugh::laugh:

As for tonight, looking at what Minny, Nashville and to some extent even Washington have done lately makes me really think we need to take advantage of this 4 point game tonight and what should be an easy 2 tomorrow.

There is a chance for us to get a few breathing room points and there is a stretch of 5 games where we can faulter down the stretch. So hopefully we can position ourselves well enough that if the failure happens it's not going to push us down into the wild cards

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
What a pleasant stretch the last four games have been, and I'm liking the looks of those two games against Colorado coming up.

That was a fun game to watch.

Z06Ndek.jpg

haha thats awesome. go oil:handclap:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Slepyshev replacing Hendricks on the 4th line is the only change according to Jack Michaels.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

As much as I love Hendricks and want him to be rewarded for his effort on the ice during our suckage, I'm glad Slepysehv is back.

I still remember when I was in line for Hendricks, Petry and Pouliot and told Hendricks I was his biggest fan and I only watch the Oilers because of you. Petry and Pouliot looked at me and gave me that "Who the hell do you think you are" kind of look and Hendricks was flattered when I said that :laugh: When I went to Petry and Pouliot I just nodded and quietly said 'thanks'. Then as soon as my buddy and I were out of the lineup, I belted "HENDRICKS IS THE OILERS FUTURE! NOT TAYLOR HALL!". Now looking back at it, I was right LOLOL. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
How is it possible that Nugent-Hopkins is minus 13 on the team that is for the most part plus? Only Lucic has similar plus-minus results.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Huge game. Let's keep rolling and stretch this streak with two very winnable games against Colorado coming up.

I predict 3 McDaddy points tonight and another Cambot you-know-what.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Toughest competition?

That has to be the explanation. I'd imagine the fact that Eberle has better numbers has to do with him playing part of the season with McDavid. Defensemen probably end up playing with different forward lines, so that ends up balancing the numbers.
Who did Draisaitl play with before he was moved to McDavid's wing?

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Flames fan coming in peace.

As much as I hate to say it, I am really pulling for Edmonton to win their last 2 games against the Ducks as well as hoping for the Flames to win their game at home against the Ducks (give us the L already for when we face them at Honda Center).

The Flames have a really tough schedule to close out the season so even if it means the Oilers surpassing the Sharks to win the division and the Flames finishing in the first wild card spot, I'm all for it.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
This is a game that would be so damn nice to win. Things start looking great for the teams positioning if we get this one, and with 2 games with Colorado coming up.

Come on 2nd/3rd line, we need you tonight!

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
How is it possible that Nugent-Hopkins is minus 13 on the team that is for the most part plus? Only Lucic has similar plus-minus results.

Because he blows his d zone coverage sometimes and therefore leads to being a minus player and the fact he is having a bad season offensively doesn't help either

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Let's smash the Ducks tonight. Keep the win streak going and let's flex on em!

Big presence, lots of shots, play with passion and keep your goalie safe. Win the game and lets get these Oilers bodies ready for playoff hockey!

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011

Career worst season offensively.

Scoring at a .41 p/g clip. Career average prior to this season is around .65 p/g

At his lower seasons prior to this year (.6 p/g) he would have nearly 20 more points.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Flames fan coming in peace.

As much as I hate to say it, I am really pulling for Edmonton to win their last 2 games against the Ducks as well as hoping for the Flames to win their game at home against the Ducks (give us the L already for when we face them at Honda Center).

The Flames have a really tough schedule to close out the season so even if it means the Oilers surpassing the Sharks to win the division and the Flames finishing in the first wild card spot, I'm all for it.

Thanks, will take all the love we can, even if your team sacrifices babies before games. :sarcasm:
Seriously I just want to see a BOA, 1vWC, 2v3, don't matter much to me. Naturally with Edmonton home ice advantage, of course. :)

Thanks again for the well wishes! Good luck vs the Honky Tonks!

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
What a pleasant stretch the last four games have been, and I'm liking the looks of those two games against Colorado coming up.

That was a fun game to watch.

Z06Ndek.jpg

Is this a photoshop???

I am not used to seeing an Oiler celebrate over a corpse of the opponent, usually it was an Oiler lying there. And why does Draisaitl seem so happy? That is one mean German.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Is this a photoshop???

I am not used to seeing an Oiler celebrate over a corpse of the opponent, usually it was an Oiler lying there. And why does Draisaitl seem so happy? That is one mean German.

Is it the young Fatchuk from the Calgary Shames? :laugh:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Is this a photoshop???

Haha not a shoop. That's Kevin Bieksa after Drai scored the first goal in the third game against the Ducks.

It's in one of the recap videos (at 1:10) I posted in the OP (the 3rd one from the left oldest -> newest) from the game on Jan 25th.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Not sure why they are keeping Khaira around if they are not planning to give him a game.
I guess he might get the Colarado games. Caggiula can use a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad