GDT: LXIV | Happy Birthday Timothy Horton! | Oilers vs. Blues | 1.13.15 | 6:00PM | SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I wonder how many times Hall attempts to break into the offensive zone by sticking right to the boards and then trying to seemingly skate directly through three other players per game?

Try something else.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hah, we struggled against the Panthers and Winnipeg is just devouring them.

Looks like another sub-15 shot game against the Blues.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I'm almost sure that St. Louis could pull their goaltender in the final frame and they would still win.:laugh:

Jun 9, 2011
hall with 3 straight hopeful turnover passes in a row.....his give a **** meter is at an all time low.....just like the entire team.....

And media got a soundbite from hall regarding yaks 'oops' last game. Wonder if Hall or Ference will ever experience that.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Hall sucks so bad. I feel for Nuge and Eberle. Two smart playmakers and Hall always screws it up.

Whatever, RNH and Eberle are two of the least assertive players I have ever seen lace up skates in the NHL. Absolutely no urgency or try in their game. RNH plays something like 23 minutes a game and contributes next to nothing unless your keeping stats on shots into shin pads or drop passes into traffic. Eberle contributes dick. Hall at least looks like he's trying half the time. So tired of these three boys.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Whatever, RNH and Eberle are two of the least assertive players I have ever seen lace up skates in the NHL. Absolutely no urgency or try in their game. RNH plays something like 23 minutes a game and contributes next to nothing unless your keeping stats on shots into shin pads or drop passes into traffic. Eberle contributes dick. Hall at least looks like he's trying half the time. So tired of these three boys.

Buyer's remorse. You want your money back for that shiny gold hope that Lowe sold you (me too).

McDeathbyCheerios*

Pouliot and Eberle have been like.. Our only scorers for a while

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Hall steamrolls Oshie.

The players are glowing on my feed. Looks like Mr. Burns coming out of the woods.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yeah it is. His wrister has been blocked a lot this year.

it's just that he gets trashed so often around here that it would be nice just to give him an untainted compliment when he does something right. We do want him to succeed, right?

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

I think it's painfully obvious (to me at least) that these 3 need to stop being force fed to each other. In other words, they have to be broken up.

It ****ing frustrates me to no end. They are so completely and utterly predictable when they're played together and RNH in particular is rendered almost completely useless as it becomes the Hall show with his sidekick Eberle.

RNH should be the driving force of his own line, and anytime he's been separated from Hall in particular he been much more assertive. I thought Eberle has always looked better without Hall as well. I don't care how much money anyone makes they need to keep these ****ing guys apart for awhile.

However I do agree that it's pretty sad how soft and unaggressive RNH and Eberle are on both sides of the puck. These guys are NHL players and good ones at that, but they can be so much better. You see a lack of fire, a lack of passion to score. I don't know what it is. Particularly with Nugent-Hopkins... this guy is a first overall pick for Christ's sake... with great hands, a pretty damn good shot and supposedly elite skill but he rarely uses it, he plays like he's been neutered half the damn time.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ya, he's another one of those guys that is overpaid, but worth overpaying. He brings so much more to the table than a guy like Pussell

Agreed, also it's nice to see Hall dish out a hit like that. I like Hall's game so much more when he plays with fire like that, same for RNH and Yak.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009

Lol. Are you serious. Nuge is a stud. He is a decent two way guy at the moment wait till he gets a bit older.

Eberle is an under rated playmaker with a unreal wrist shot. He is also money in the shootouts. Sure he doesn't crash and bang, not a whole lot of guys do who are his size.

Hall just tries to muscle the puck up the ice and it doesn't work. He collects all his points on rebounds and secondary assists. You tell me when was the last time you saw Hall score a goal on his own with a shot. Nuge can snipe and so can Eberle. Hall can't even hit the net.

Halls hockey iq is terrible as well.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
it's just that he gets trashed so often around here that it would be nice just to give him an untainted compliment when he does something right. We do want him to succeed, right?
Not sure why you are making something out of nothing but okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad