GDT: LXIII | "These Lines Suck" | Oilers vs. Sharks | 2.27.18 | 8:30PM | SN-Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So Pakarinen scores a huge goal last game, plays very well in limited minutes, has played well the last month whenever slotted into the lineup but he's drawing short card HS once again and Lucic is on topline.

Maroon gone.

I think the only reason I might watch is to see Aberg. But then again I might not even bother. This is REALLY the suck stretch dog days now.

Maybe SJ will outsuck us.
we are in rebuild mode as fans now. We aren't watching for wins and happiness. It's to just look at the play of individuals and to nod approvingly, lol

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Lucic playing on the top line again ...Todd is an idiot...
Lucic is locked in an immovable contract that we can't buy out either, not without enduring an overly harsh penalty.

We're not making the playoffs, so we should be trying out prospects and seeing what they are capable of. We should also be pushing someone like Lucic. Burying him in the lineup doesn't inform Chiarelli really well on what Lucic exactly is. And who knows, maybe he can spark some of his old play

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Every single one of the wingers are either 4th line players or ahl players, simply i have no words to describe Peter Chiarelli.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I actually really like the third line.

A complete line of ghost prospects that have never found their NHL game. I dunno, its another hope line and without one player on that line that actually gets NHL play. I can't even imagine how that line retains the puck or makes plays. These are 3 players that have largely been NHL disappearing acts. Ghost line.

Not saying anything about the potential, just that nothing ever ignited for these 3 and its been years for all of them. I mean Pulju being the only one that hasn't been around long enough to be tossed in the bust bin.

That said of course I want them all to succeed but sometimes these lineups are just sad to look at.

Ty Rattie and Cammeleri with Drai and facing topsix opposition. Lets see if Drai can walk on water another game.

Reactions: PulYou

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Lucic hasn't scored a goal in 26 games, is still stapled to our 1st line, playing prime time, with the best player in the world. Well there you have it folks, (from the Benny Hill sketch).
A chimpanzee in a shirt and tie behind the bench can do better

Last edited:

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I actually like the lines, given our options. McDavid connected with Slepy last game and when he gets double-shifted he can bump Aberg and get matched with Strome and JP. Drai and Cammalleri have been money and that fourth line can cycle.

Good lord get Lucic off the snide though.

Lucic needs to start playing like the old Lucic. He needs to channel his inner rage and start playing the way that got him to the NHL. He's not a playmaker and I don't think he'll ever be. At this point, I don't even care if he gets points, he just needs to start playing angry again. Start crushing some guys and getting involved in the game. The points will come then.
He needs a pep talk from Darth Vader. Lol.

release-your-anger-embrace-the-power-of-the-dark-side.jpg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
A complete line of ghost prospects that have never found their NHL game. I dunno, its another hope line and without one player on that line that actually gets NHL play. I can't even imagine how that line retains the puck or makes plays. These are 3 players that have largely been NHL disappearing acts. Ghost line.

Not saying anything about the potential, just that nothing ever ignited for these 3 and its been years for all of them. I mean Pulju being the only one that hasn't been around long enough to be tossed in the bust bin.

That said of course I want them all to succeed but sometimes these lineups are just sad to look at.

Ty Rattie and Cammeleri with Drai and facing topsix opposition. Lets see if Drai can walk on water another game.
Strome and Puljujarvi have actually shown chemistry and have been playing very well together. But I mean totally ignore their current play.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
5 point night for Connor
3 goals 2 assists

5-3 oilers or 6-5 overtime

Dri has his best game of the season

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Where the f*** is Pakarinen?? He's been playing great for the little time he's been gifted. This org is just a hopeless lost cause. A teenager can run a much better decision making/ business

Reactions: PulYou

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Strome and Puljujarvi have actually shown chemistry and have been playing very well together. But I mean totally ignore their current play.

Define current play. 2 games?

yeah I need to see more, a whole lot more. like some level of consistency and not completely disappearing for long stretches.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Where the f*** is Pakarinen?? He played a great game, but Ty Rattie is in again. This org is just a hopeless lost cause. A teenager can run a much better decision making/ business

Could be a matter of is this last stretch here a time for winning or a time for evaluation. I appreciate Pakarinen's game, but it may be a matter of we know what we have in Pak, let's see what we have in Rattie and of course Aberg.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lucic is locked in an immovable contract that we can't buy out either, not without enduring an overly harsh penalty.

We're not making the playoffs, so we should be trying out prospects and seeing what they are capable of. We should also be pushing someone like Lucic. Burying him in the lineup doesn't inform Chiarelli really well on what Lucic exactly is. And who knows, maybe he can spark some of his old play

Only issue is that Lucic has never been able to consistently look useful on McDavid's line. His production with McDavid is entirely dictated by luck and how well McDavid and the RW can work around his slowness and inability to react quickly enough to what's happening. McLellan is setting him up for failure on that line. Sure he might get a goal finally, but in all likelihood it will be followed by more of him failing to keep up and not producing again.

Lucic needs to play against some weaker comp with some slower players to get his game back on his own terms. Not just waiting for his linemates to do great stuff and maybe a puck falls right on his stick by mistake with him looking at an open net.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Actually, I can stomach most of the lines as constituted, they're not great but it is what it is. With Hall 'n Ebs gone, RNH injured, Maroon & Letestu traded...that's quite a few NHL forwards gone.

What just makes me hate life though, is yet again seeing Lucic on McDavid's wing. I really hope this runs its course soon, because it seems like every single shift it seems like Lucic does something stupid. It's like watching JFJ all over again, and I don't want that.

Aberg, who the hell knows. At least they threw him with Strome, which normally would sound weird except that oddly enough Strome is actually kind of hot right now. So we'll see. At least Pulju should get a few more minutes tonight if he's on Strome's other wing.

All angst aside, I actually expect the Oilers to play well tonight now that the deadline's in their rear view.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Where the f*** is Pakarinen?? He's been playing great for the little time he's been gifted. This org is just a hopeless lost cause. A teenager can run a much better decision making/ business
He's playing. Kassian is out.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Could be a matter of is this last stretch here a time for winning or a time for evaluation. I appreciate Pakarinen's game, but it may be a matter of we know what we have in Pak, let's see what we have in Rattie and of course Aberg.
Appreciate, definitely looking forward to Aberg, like him already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad