Timo Meier - Chris Tierney - Kevin Labanc
Barclay Goodrow - Eric Fehr - Melker Karlsson

Joakim Ryan - Brent Burns
Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Justin Braun
Brenden Dillon - Dylan Demelo

Martin Jones
-----

SOLI'S RANT

• These lines are all kinds of terrible. The biggest hit Looch threw this roadtrip was on Connor's knee. He's not fast enough and certainly hasn't been this whole season. Play him with Drai if you have to as they atleast had some bigger body line chemistry. Cammy has been good, but I don't care about seeing how much he has left in the tank as it could be completely different come training camp and might not even sign here. The period of pump and dump prior to the deadline is over. We didn't fool anyone and you're not fooling us, make better lineups. Why is he taking a spot next to McDavid or Drai? Play him with Strome for christ sake and see if he can produce on a left-overs 3rd scoring line. Can we disrespect slap Pulju some more? Rattie, you get Drai's RW, Jesse, you get a special place in Todd's dog house. Doing well with Kassian? We can't have that, better mix things up for him some more. I just... ugh. Napalm the whole coaching staff.

• Joakim Ryan I know who you are now, please do not score 2 goals against us again.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
@Soli

I looked at some With or without you stats for this season

McDavid+lucic GF%65.52
McDavid without Lucic GF%55.88
Lucic without McDavid GF% 43.48

Pulujarvi+Strome(77.78% GF%) are also better together

Same with Cammy+Drai(64.29% GF%)

Same with Caggiula+Khaira(75.00% GF%)

I bet you thats the basis for tonights lines. Limited ice time for some of these pairing but I thought this was interesting

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We will play hockey tonight. There will be bad moments. There will be good moment. Someone wins and someone loses.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I want to get the full experience tonight. Gonna have my eye on Lucic all game long. Well, in that little bit of time he is actually able to get into the picture when he's out on the ice.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers will suck again, just like they have the last 3 lucky wins. It'll be a frustrating watch, BUT:
- We get to see if McDavid can get closer to that Art.
- We get to see Drai continue beasting
- We get to evaluate Aberg who is definitely an interesting prospect.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
3rd line could be fun to watch, or might crash and burn, we'll see.

It would be very nice to see Strome cement himself as the 3C. That way we can play Nuge or Drai on one of the wings in the top 6 so we can at least have 1 less scrub up there

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Meh, with the way Drai is playing, and his new found chemistry with Cammallari, I could probably slot in beside them and we'd do pretty decent.
Also his contract was a 1 year so might as well give him a chance to see if he is worth keeping

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I actually like the lines, given our options. McDavid connected with Slepy last game and when he gets double-shifted he can bump Aberg and get matched with Strome and JP. Drai and Cammalleri have been money and that fourth line can cycle.

Good lord get Lucic off the snide though.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Meh, with the way Drai is playing, and his new found chemistry with Cammallari, I could probably slot in beside them and we'd do pretty decent.

Yup. With the cap situation as it is, the Oilers need to do a lot of test driving down the stretch to see who (if anyone) can hang with the top guys to see who may be their best cheaper options, so I don't mind this. Hopefully, they try a few more guys up there instead of just "going for the win" and playing Drai with McDavid more than half the game. Also, hoping they finally test drive RNH with one of them.

With that said, no understanding why Lucic is still getting Connor, but I guess there aren't many left side options at the moment.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So Pakarinen scores a huge goal last game, plays very well in limited minutes, has played well the last month whenever slotted into the lineup but he's drawing short card HS once again and Lucic is on topline.

Maroon gone.

I think the only reason I might watch is to see Aberg. But then again I might not even bother. This is REALLY the suck stretch dog days now.

Maybe SJ will outsuck us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad