LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
He has been good in the last two games though.

I hope so. Because in the games I watched, whenever he had the puck it was basically "oh, go ahead take it". I'm not one to typically complain about players not giving an effort but in the case of Tkachev it was pretty obvious.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He was a healthy scratch tonight after not showing up yesterday for off-ice training. :help:

I don't know what's going through his mind...

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Maybe he liked the Oilers so much he is dropping his draft stock so he can get picked by them? Perhaps a gentleman agreement if they get him or such.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Second start of the week in the QMJHL

The Quebec Remparts forward, Vladimir Tkachev is the second star of the week. He scored 4 goals, added 3 assists and maintained a +3 rating in 3 games. He began his week with a three point performance in a 7-4 victory over the Gatineau Olympiques. Friday against the Shawinigan Cataractes, he delivered another 3 point game to help his team win 6-2. He was named the first star of the game in both meetings.

http://theqmjhl.ca/article/martel-tkachev-and-kostalek-named-three-stars-of-the-week/165745

After a bad start with Quebec, Tkachev has been really great lately.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It wasn't even done on purpose!

4380a36e-cea8-4bf1-9659-db5db9e4a442_ORIGINAL.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Has his ups and downs. Made a great pass to Erne in yesterday's game. Went MIA for a couple of games in Québec before that.

Yup. He's gifted with the puck on his stick, but disappears too often when its not. There's also the size issue too. Picco knocked him over with one arm yesterday in a 1 on 1 situation.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
I hope we do. IMO I'd take him in round five no sooner.

If someone takes him before that, I wouldn't care to much.

Can we let this go? he was disappointing this season and is physically dominated by junior players. He constantly gets shoved off the puck.

Oh boy he played good in meaningless games for us, like so many other random prospects do. Even with us he couldn't handle being touched without losing the puck.

In this draft there are too many better small forwards to pick. Anthony Richard, Dzierkals, Pilipenko, Schweri, Garland, Mangiapane etc. I could go on but we get the point.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Oilers still using a pick on him?

I'd pick him with a 7th rounder just to show appreciation for what he did in the last pre-season and getting snubbed on his pro contract.

He was phenomenal as a walk on try out but he hasn't impressed at all this year in junior which is very disappointing.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
This guy has career KHLer written all over him, gotta agree that I wouldn't take him any earlier than 7th round and even then I might just wait it out and see if I could invite him as a free agent to camp.

Has shown regression this season and his size alone was already a huge question mark.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
The guy is as lazy as lazy gets and refuses to go to dirty areas. I've seen him play many times this year with the Remparts and I wouldn't use a pick on him. Makes many bad plays and doesn't even make the effort the repair them. So frustrating.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Tkachev playing some of the best hockey I've seen him play with the Remparts. Nice sequence on Duclair's goal.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Tkachev looked unmotivated to me at the second half of the season, but I can't really blame him: voided contract, U20 NT cut, trade - that's too much for a single season. I hope that he can find motivation at the Memorial cup though. Anyway, if Edmonton doesn't select him at the later rounds I still think it will be plain stupid - they've seen more than enough of what Tkachev can do at the camp and I don't think that Tkachev will return there if they don't select him again.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
It is evident to me that it was a great mistake leaving Moncton. Here he is good on the PP when the puck is on his stick - can manipulate the play like no one Ive seen since a young Datsyuk or Larionov. On the regular shift he was invisible - largely in part because the puck never on his stick - his line mates don't have the skill to get him the puck they just chip it in every time. Poor guy is getting a bad wrap, if he was with Barbashev all season things would be different. Guy up top is right - career KHLer. Im fine with that, he's wasting his talent right now where he's at.

Did so great at Oilers camp because he was with Yakimov - they fed off each other. Like this guy wasnt a PPG NHL exhibition season 19 y.o. for nothing. He needs the right guys.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Who were his linemates in Moncton and who does he play with now in Quebec?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad