LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

L13

Oct 1, 2015
If this http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?kid=26377#entry_elig is accurate, he'd fit under number iv of the entry draft eligibility section, so I think he's just a UFA now, at least once his KHL contract is up.

That rule is still the same, but the CBA you linked to is expired. The new one treats European players differently and does not require opting into the draft, among other things. But Tkachev's situation is the same, I think.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
He had two assists in a friendly game against Metallurg.

I hope he keeps up this pace and then comes back to the Oilers :) .

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I remember watching this guy tear it up in the Super Series. Thought he was an NHLer for sure.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
i remember watching him in the wjc18. he scored a fancy goal against usa but was plain atrocious otherwise. pleasantly surprised by his point production in the khl this year. hope he keeps it up.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
All of the games he played in the SS he was spectacular, making plays every which way, still can't believe he didn't make the U20 squad. Remember this is a guy who was in the leaders of NHL preseason as a 19 y/o. He's that good, he is a special talent who can make something from nothing. Hes just refining his skills in the KHL which, IMO is the best place for him for at least a couple years.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Toni Rajala never physically matured, some people genetically are incapable of putting on mass.

I vaguely remember watching Rajala play and thought he could play in the NHL for a bit. I recall he didn't have as much skill as Omark (and now Tkachev) though.

Heck, the Oilers signed and developed Mark Arcobello - who is as small as both of them and lacked high-end skill that Tkachev + Omark possessed.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I vaguely remember watching Rajala play and thought he could play in the NHL for a bit. I recall he didn't have as much skill as Omark (and now Tkachev) though.

Heck, the Oilers signed and developed Mark Arcobello - who is as small as both of them and lacked high-end skill that Tkachev + Omark possessed.

Thats mainly because Arcobello could play a bottom 6 role, Omark and Tkachev were top 6 or bust and they werent good enough.

bennitez7

Oct 24, 2011
Vienna
20 points in 22 games. Is he for real? Can someone report how he is looking and developing in the KHL. Was really impressed from his preseason showing for the Oilers a few years ago. It will be interesting if he comes back to NA in a few years.

Thanks for all answers.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He is looking the same as he was throughout the years. I think the fact that his offensive talent is "for real" was never a question. Other than that, he still has same strengths and same flaws. He's still only 6th in TOI between Admiral's forwards even though he plays 1,5 mins on each PP meaning he's not really being trusted with a lot of 5 on 5 time, for a good reason.

It's really a blessing for Tkachyov he plays for Admiral, he would play 10 minutes every second game for Ak Bars.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Next panarin?

Gusev is already registered for this title:)

Tkachev is a very different type of player and what's even more important a different type of person.

Panarin is that mature ahead of age all by himself kind of guy. Tkachev is a kid who sometimes needs his head straigtened out. He is talented. He always was. He needs to learn to be a pro 24/7 and never think he has arrived.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
This season is the last season of his contract, which he originally signed with the St. Petersburg SKA, so I'm guessing he'll be a FA by then, yes.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
He's still awesome, best young guy in the KHL. Hes only 21, give him a few years and he will be a top 5 forward in the KHL. NHKL scouts are like sheep. They wont care about him for several years until one team starts sniffing around they all come running.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad