LW Sven Baertschi (2011, 13th overall, Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
will Baertschi be better than Zibanejad in your opinions ??

Is Matt Duchene better than TJ Oshie?
Is a hammer better than a Wrench?

I say that because it's Apples and Oranges - very hard to compare.

Sven has more offensive upside. He's more creative, has more "flash" and should generally put up more points than Zibby in their primes.
Zibby is more physical and has different tools than Sven has.

Basically Sven is the more talented smaller guy that has more potential but is less likely to reach his full potential, and Zibby is that bigger guy with talent, with a lower ceiling, but a good chance he hits said ceilling.

Would I trade Zibby for Sven... yes - so that should answer your question, lol.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Is Matt Duchene better than TJ Oshie?
Is a hammer better than a Wrench?

I say that because it's Apples and Oranges - very hard to compare.

Sven has more offensive upside. He's more creative, has more "flash" and should generally put up more points than Zibby in their primes.
Zibby is more physical and has different tools than Sven has.

Basically Sven is the more talented smaller guy that has more potential but is less likely to reach his full potential, and Zibby is that bigger guy with talent, with a lower ceiling, but a good chance he hits said ceilling.

Would I trade Zibby for Sven... yes - so that should answer your question, lol.

Spot on on most points, but you should know that Bärtschi doesn't shy away from contact and is better defensively as one would think. Many of his points were based on a takeaway by him (just look up his third goal last season against Phoenix). Call me a homer (because I definitely have a huge mancrush on him, I don't deny that), but Bärtschi is already one of the most complete forwards Switzerland ever produced.
He will never be a physical force due to his lack of size and weight, but he's an incredibly smart player who can compensate that.

Calgary and Switzerland will both have a lot of fun with him.

[email protected]:~/GeneralHockeyDiscussion/Prospects/SvenBaertschi/ mode homer -off

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Bartschi will not be eligible for the calder next year if he plays the last two games. He will have played 26 games.

Gary83*

Bartschi will not be eligible for the calder next year if he plays the last two games. He will have played 26 games.

I think you're counting his five games from last year which I don't think count due to them being emergency recall.

Has found his game nicely since coming back up, seemed a little overwhelmed at the start of this year, flipped an absolute beauty to Cervenka last night, great creativity.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I think you're counting his five games from last year which I don't think count due to them being emergency recall.

Has found his game nicely since coming back up, seemed a little overwhelmed at the start of this year, flipped an absolute beauty to Cervenka last night, great creativity.

Ya I was wrong, its 25 games in the previous season not combined. But I don't think being an emergency recall would allow a player to play games and not count towards that.

To be eligible for the award, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. The player must not be older than 26 years before September 15 of the season in which he is eligible.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
how is he still eligible for a calder candidate lol, he has played 2 seasons now.

It's posted in the post before yours, a player is ineligible playing more than 25 games in any single preceding season or six or more games in two previous seasons. Having only played five games last year he will be eligible for the Calder next year.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Sven has been great these past six games. So glad that he's been putting up points after it seemed like his confidence was killed when he was sent back down. I could see him scoring around 50 points next year if the cards play right. Hope i'm right.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Massively overrated

Well I was beginning to worry a bit before his recent call-up. Since then he's been a completely different player.

Having more ice time and playing on better lines likely helps a lot.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Massively overrated

You don't watch a lot of hockey do you?

This is the first season he has actually been given a spot on the team. He was only drafted 2 years ago, doesn't even have a full season under his belt. He struggled with confidence early on but has been spectacular lately. 6 game point streak and has the offensive creativity that the flames lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad