LW Sven Baertschi (2011, 13th overall, Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Sven Bartschi is presently playing for the Winterhawks.

After 12 games, he is leading in goals, in assists and, logically, in total points with 19points the rookie ranking.
He is presently 4th overall in points for the WHL.

What are your views on him ?
what is his NHL potential ?

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
As long as he outscores guys like #1 candidate 2011 (Nugent-Hopkins) or #4 Pick from2010 (Johansen) I can see him going the "Nino-way" to a top10 Draft Pick, especially if he'll have a good WJC...
I know it's still early in the season, but his numbers are way better so far than Nino's were last year.
He is also Top 3 among all Rookies in the CHL.
With Ty Rattie playing beside him, he'll get a good help to stay productive. A nice play-off run would also be good for his pre-Draft ranking. The Hawks are real contenders for the trophy, especially if Nino goes back during the season...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I don't know if he'll crack the first round, but he looks to be a guy who will go in the first 3 rounds. He doesn't have the size that Niederreiter does so I really can't see him cracking the top 10.

elduderino

Jul 5, 2009
Still very early to tell for sure, but I like his skill set. Fast winger, good speed, shifty, good shot and drives to the net. Size is an issue, but if he can improve his speed his skill set could translate to some success in the NHL. In today's NHL 5'11 and 185lbs is no longer a reason why he won't get drafted.

I think he will be drafted late in the 1st or early in the 2nd round. Teams like St. Louis, Nashville or Detroit like those kind of prospects.

KingJet*

Him and Rattie are this years Nino and Johansen, but they both could pass Couturier for sure but dunno about RNH, but not Larsson

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
not sure if i get you right, they could surpass the #1 ranked guy but not the 2 and 3? we still have no idea who will go first but i cant see how they can outplay couturier and not RNH and larsson. bartschi isnt on any top30 lists at this point so thats a tough sell

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He is also a freshly turned 18 year old, meaning he was already eligible last year.

Normally players like this don't slip into the first round after being eligible in the previous year.

It will be interesting to follow as the year goes along to see if he generates any steam in regards to draft position, or whether or not people think he is more of a product of the system in Portland.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
He is also a freshly turned 18 year old, meaning he was already eligible last year.

Normally players like this don't slip into the first round after being eligible in the previous year.

It will be interesting to follow as the year goes along to see if he generates any steam in regards to draft position, or whether or not people think he is more of a product of the system in Portland.
Isn't the cutoff September 15th?
His birthday is October 5th, so this will be his first year of eligibility.

SumOil

Aug 21, 2008
edmonton

wrong and wrong.

Eligible for 2011.

And exceptionally good players do get in the 1st round See david perron

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

wrong !

:D

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Wrong!

Just thought I would call myself out too...

My mistake peeps.

brianadamscampbell

Oct 23, 2010
As a Portland resident and Winterhawks fan, I've had the pleasure of seeing him tear up the ice this year first hand. His positioning is fantastic on both ends of the ice. While he might not be the biggest guy on the rink, he never seems to take a shift off and isn't afraid to put his body out there on defense.

I flat-out love the way he plays.

It's early to say for sure, but I feel like whoever drafts this kid is gonna have a solid forward on their hands. Probably not a superstar, but a top-six forward after a few years in the NHL.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
His October bilance: 12G, 11G+10A=21P

That's very impressive, he's riding a 9 game point streak, made 18 points so far during that streak.
2nd among CHL rookies and 4th best WHL scorer...

brianadamscampbell

Oct 23, 2010
19G, 23A, 42PTS, +14

Second only to Ty Rattie (his line mate) on the 'Hawks in points.

After seeing another 30 games or so, I think I've only appreciated his style of play more. Hopefully other teams aren't paying attention and the Canucks draft him.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
19G, 23A, 42PTS, +14

Second only to Ty Rattie (his line mate) on the 'Hawks in points.

After seeing another 30 games or so, I think I've only appreciated his style of play more. Hopefully other teams aren't paying attention and the Canucks draft him.

Isn't he actually 1st ?

19G 23A = 42 PTS Bartschi
15G 26A = 41 PTS Tye Ratie

today after 32 games

by the way it seems that the Winterhawks are crossing a soft patch ! what is going on ? tks

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010

Regardless of Bartschi. What about David Perron? If you're good, you're good, and teams will notice you. Particularly teams with 2 or more first-rounders - they are more willing to take risks on guys in general. (see:Daultan Leveille and Viktor Tikhnov in recent memory)

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
You mean Patrick Bärtschi I think.
He's 8 years older and was born in another town, so I think they're not related to each other. Bärtschi is a pretty popular name there...

Haven't seen him play much, but his stats are better than Ty Ratties, who is a top 20 pick for most of the "experts" and plays his 3rd junior season while Bärtschi is new in NA...

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
I sure think he has 1st round talent, but I don't think Sven will break into the Top-15...

Of course there's always the GM-factor as it was with Garth Snow picking Nino at 5....

But like mentioned before, Nino had the whole package of Skating, Size and Skill... Bärtschi has the skill and the skating but is missing the Size! Rattie is bigger than him.... Although it's going to be interessting to see if Rattie is living of Bärtschi or the other way!? So this time around the WJC it's Ratties Time to proof he's for real....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad