LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yep!
Was hoping there was a grand conspiracy! :naughty:

I've also come to the conclusion that the only conclusion we can draw from this is that the KHL website is terrible. Here's another Kaprizov player page with no contract info: [6url]http://en.khl.ru/players/21131/[/url]

It is the english version. Less information than in Russian is okay with me. Ever tried nhl.com's russian version? See?

The KHL site is getting better by the year and is much better than the NHL one for following games and or highlights. North American obsession with stats obviously nearly dictates a great stats section on the NHL site. That's where KHL has a lot of work still.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kaprizov 0+2 and the best CSKA player by far vs SKA. But CSKA lost 4-2, because as always, the team is full of grinders (Lyubimov, Telegin, Andronov, Petrov, Nichushkin), while skilled players are healthy scratches.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
His first assist of the game was pretty fancy:

Here's the full play. Picks the puck up deep in his own zone, fails on an outlet pass, gets the puck back and skates the puck through the neutral zone. Finishes it with that toe drag. Beautiful.

He also had an assist on the second goal

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
no, it's not a pity but a blessing

Depends on your point of view I guess. I'd like to be able to watch the kid both play for my favorite team, and against the best players in the world, because he's fun to watch and I'm curious to see how good he can get. If you're a CSKA fan, it's awesome for you that he stayed, sure!

Either way, I'm glad to see him doing well. Special player.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Depends on your point of view I guess. I'd like to be able to watch the kid both play for my favorite team, and against the best players in the world, because he's fun to watch and I'm curious to see how good he can get. If you're a CSKA fan, it's awesome for you that he stayed, sure!

Either way, I'm glad to see him doing well. Special player.

The thing is - it's a good thing if you are a russian fan, not only a CSKA fan. How many Wild fans are there?

And I don't care aout the NA narratives about their league. I want to see him play in Russia, not overseas. "Playing against the best" is utter nonsense to me with the current decline in talent, entertanment value and level of play the NHL is going through while Gary is succesfully selling you the lies about how great his product is of course.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if he would have come over right away if he was drafted by the
Pens or the Oilers? Playing with Crosby or McD would have to be a wet dream for a scoring winger. Wild have good players up front, but nothing flashy, though it might be fun to see Granlund and KK play together.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Pens or the Oilers? Playing with Crosby or McD would have to be a wet dream for a scoring winger. Wild have good players up front, but nothing flashy, though it might be fun to see Granlund and KK play together.

Or maybe even a team with more Russians on it (Tampa, Washington, New York)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I think he would have come, if Minnesota had been more aggressive and persistent. I remember, Panarin used to say, he chose Chicago, because the Hawks really wanted him to come. And Kaprizov said lately, he didn't feel Minnesota wanted him badly...

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Or maybe even a team with more Russians on it (Tampa, Washington, New York)

It's possible that Sokolov will be on the team in three years. He has one more year of junior, then probably at least one in the AHL before he'll be ready for NHL time.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he would have come, if Minnesota had been more aggressive and persistent. I remember, Panarin used to say, he chose Chicago, because the Hawks really wanted him to come. And Kaprizov said lately, he didn't feel Minnesota wanted him badly...

I would've got that attitude if the Wild still had Tuch and Haula.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
According to Russian news outlet Sovetsky Sport, Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock and general manager Lou Lamoriello recently travelled to Russia to meet with CSKA Moscow defenceman Igor Ozhiganov.

The Wild couldn't do this with Kaprizov? Ay.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
The thing is - it's a good thing if you are a russian fan, not only a CSKA fan. How many Wild fans are there?

And I don't care aout the NA narratives about their league. I want to see him play in Russia, not overseas. "Playing against the best" is utter nonsense to me with the current decline in talent, entertanment value and level of play the NHL is going through while Gary is succesfully selling you the lies about how great his product is of course.

Gary's lies or not, the fact remains that the best hockey players in the world play in the NHL. Even the best Russian born players in the world play in the NHL. So whether you think it's utter nonsense or not, Kaprizov definitely would face tougher competition overseas.

To the actual topic at hand: I think the Wild screwed this up. Kaprizov is easily the best prospect in the Wild. And I quite frankly would've loved to see him come in sooner rather than later. Why? While the Wild certainly doesn't possess the top end talent in the middle unlike some other teams, they still have some quality centers. Good enough to be a playoffs team at the very least. Wild's cup window is closing fast and they would really benefit having their best winger prospect playing with the center depth they have right now, rather than 3 years from now. Since the Wild doesn't even really have anything down the pipeline to replace their current centers.

From everything that I have seen, Kaprizov is easily NHL ready - probably even top 6 ready.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That is some awful defense.

:laugh:

So let me do this remark on every NHL goal scored. Every goal is somebody's mistake.

This one wasn't on the D. How should the D-men expect their goalie(and it was one of his very rare brainfarts. He is a top notch goaltender) make that stupid play that caught them all out of position ultimately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad