LW/RW Isak Rosén - Leksands, SuperElit (2021, 14th, BUF)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I don't really know what to think about Rosén. I think he genuinely has one of the highest upsides in the draft with his skillset but as others have noted he seems allergic to the defensive (and physical) side of the game and that makes him a very inconsistent and frustrating player to watch. I don't really see him changing much in that area either so I think what you see is what you get with Rosén. He reminds me a lot of Denis Guryanov. I think that's the type of player you're looking at with him. If he rounds out his game he could be a very useful player but if he doesn't he likely tops out as an opportunistic goal-scorer on the 2nd or 3rd line.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
I have him top 10. The skill and shot are high end, if he can learn to play a bit tougher I can see a 30 goal winger.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The things that stick out are the fact that he a. wants the puck and b. has repeatedly been acknowledged for being a quick decision-maker. These are things that can't be taught. I'm excited as a Buffalo fan.

I'm also nervous, of course, because he could be Nylander 2.0 for us as a winger who is supposed to put up 30 goals on a top line but never materializes...but why not shoot for the stars when you're already in the basement...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Intriguing player. Obvious skill. Many pundits can’t figure out that judging by a few minutes of ice time doesn’t tell you much.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
4 points in 28 games in the Men's league. 0 points in the WJC. Less than PPG in the Swedish minor league. Is it fair to say he's the most disappointing first round pick of 2021? I know he broke his finger and didn't get a ton of ice time in the SHL, but this has to be viewed as a near worst-case scenario from a development standpoint.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
4 points in 28 games in the Men's league. 0 points in the WJC. Less than PPG in the Swedish minor league. Is it fair to say he's the most disappointing first round pick of 2021? I know he broke his finger and didn't get a ton of ice time in the SHL, but this has to be viewed as a near worst-case scenario from a development standpoint.
26 games. With an avg ice time of 7:53. Need to get him out of Leksand, thankfully he's in Allsvenskan now, where he is producing so far(2pts in 3gp, 10:52 avg ice time). Only played 2 games in the WJC's and went +1, so that doesn't say much.

Quick Q: are you referring to Allsvenskan when you say "Swedish minor league"? If so, then please stop. Also, being ppg in Allsvenskan SHOULD NOT be expected out of any U20 player. Not to mention he's 3 games in lol

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
26 games. With an avg ice time of 7:53. Need to get him out of Leksand, thankfully he's in Allsvenskan now, where he is producing so far(2pts in 3gp, 10:52 avg ice time). Only played 2 games in the WJC's and went +1, so that doesn't say much.

Quick Q: are you referring to Allsvenskan when you say "Swedish minor league"? If so, then please stop. Also, being ppg in Allsvenskan SHOULD NOT be expected out of any U20 player. Not to mention he's 3 games in lol

Allsvenskan is like the AHL to the SHL's NHL, no? I apologize if I've misunderstood this.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Allsvenskan is like the AHL to the SHL's NHL, no? I apologize if I've misunderstood this.
It is not. Each of Sweden's leagues are practically tiered, and teams are not affiliated with each other(so no farm system like NHL/AHL/ECHL).

There are relegations, and promotions at the end of each season, where teams are able to be promoted or relegated up/down a league.

For example: At the end of 2020-21 HV71 was relegated down to Allsvenskan from the SHL while Timrå was promoted to the SHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad