LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016 Draft) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Is this confirmed? What is the breakdown? I would like to add that information to the OP, so I would like to makes sure it is 100% accurate.

Liiga pre-season practice matches
4 ott, 2+0 = 2

CHL
8 ott, 2+2 = 4

USA:n U20 junior tournament
7 ott, 5+2 = 7

Liiga regular season
46 ott, 17+16 = 33

U20 practice matches (Not listed on Eliteprospects, tipped by very reliable member "axe" in jatkoaika.com)
2 ott, 2 + 0 = 2

WJC U20
7 ott, 7+6 = 13

Euro Hockey Tour
2 ott, 0+0 = 0

Liiga playoffs
18 ott, 10+5 = 15

WHC
10 ott, 7 + 5 = 12

This is modified list by user Henkka from jatkoaika.com (also user at HFBoards).

So in total, that should be 104. 52 + 36 = 88.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Laine's great hand-eye coordination (that I noticed him flash a couple times in the third period against Canada) made me think about how big of a threat he will be in front of the net when he fills out his frame. Which somehow reminded me of the two goals Immonen scored against Norway from Granlund's passes in 2011.

This also reminded me of how little creativity and movement Finland's second PP unit ultimately showed in this tournament, although a game against Norway isn't exactly the fairest comparison.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Liiga pre-season practice matches
4 ott, 2+0 = 2

CHL
8 ott, 2+2 = 4

USA:n U20 junior tournament
7 ott, 5+2 = 7

Liiga regular season
46 ott, 17+16 = 33

U20 practice matches (Not listed on Eliteprospects, tipped by very reliable member "axe" in jatkoaika.com)
2 ott, 2 + 0 = 2

WJC U20
7 ott, 7+6 = 13

Euro Hockey Tour
2 ott, 0+0 = 0

Liiga playoffs
18 ott, 10+5 = 15

WHC
10 ott, 7 + 5 = 12

This is modified list by user Henkka from jatkoaika.com (also user at HFBoards).

So in total, that should be 104. 52 + 36 = 88.

He also have practise game against USA before WHC where he has 0+1 if i remember right?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'd like to use this moment to point out that he received 2 passes right out of the air by tapping the puck down with his stick. These passes were both during the same period, I believe. Could also have been by the opponent, that's not what's important.

Itkonen

May 11, 2016
Eliteprospects has him at 98 games since the 2 EHT games are the same as the 2 Finland (all) International games. Mertaranta probably counted Liiga and WC practice games as well. So apparently it's 46 regular season and 18 playoff Liiga games, 8 Champions Hockey League games, 7 WJC games, 7 other U20 games, 2 EHT games and 10 WC games which makes it 98.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
To me, this quote sounds like Matthews and Pulj are a lot closer to 10/10 skaters than Laine is, therefore more room for improvement

So glad that Laine has something to improve on...if he was any better he would have dominated this tournament as a 16 year old. That would be more scary than him doing it just after his 18th birthday. Wow

JA

Eliteprospects has him at 98 games since the 2 EHT games are the same as the 2 Finland (all) International games. Mertaranta probably counted Liiga and WC practice games as well. So apparently it's 46 regular season and 18 playoff Liiga games, 8 Champions Hockey League games, 7 WJC games, 7 other U20 games, 2 EHT games and 10 WC games which makes it 98.
The purpose is to illustrate how much hockey he has played this year, so exhibition games should count towards the total.

LoveNHL

Jun 15, 2015
Sweden
I am going to Canada to see Laine in NHL with my father who is turning 80. My plan is to bring him to a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've been reading around the net after the gold game and are fans really using the gold game against Laine and why he doesn't deserve the hype???

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Laine played for Finland at the U20 Four Nations in November and IIRC had two goals in three games. Don't know if any stat provider is tracking that, but it should be added to his overall total as they were not exhibition games.

Those are games? Isn't? Overall total games which he has play in this season.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Belarus 3 points
Germany 3 points
USA 0 points
Hungary 1 point
France 2 points
Slovakia 1 point
Canada 0 points
Denmark 1 point
Russia 1 point
Canada 0 points

10 of his 12 points came against Belarus, Germany, Hungary, Denmark and France.

Scored 2 points against Canada 2x, USA, Russia and Slovakia.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Belarus 3 points
Germany 3 points
USA 0 points
Hungary 1 point
France 2 points
Slovakia 1 point
Canada 0 points
Denmark 1 point
Russia 1 point
Canada 0 points

10 of his 12 points came against Belarus, Germany, Hungary, Denmark and France.

Scored 2 points against Canada 2x, USA, Russia and Slovakia.

He scored a back breaker in the must win game and assisted the game winner against Russia, but yeah he didn't do well in important games :sarcasm:

The other prospect didn't do any better and lost both final 2 games, and only good team they won where the Cze.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He scored a back breaker in the must win game and assisted the game winner against Russia, but yeah he didn't do well in important games :sarcasm:

The other prospect didn't do any better and lost both final 2 games, and only good team they won where the Cze.

You're so defensive... :laugh:

2 points in 5 games against rosters with actual NHL content.

JA

The powerplay never really looked for him in the later games. At even strength, he was played on the right wing when he usually starts at left wing. It doesn't help either that none of the players on that line were great skaters; they were neutralized with speed from the opposition.

At the World Juniors, Laine was the trigger man on a line with two excellent skaters in Aho and Puljujärvi. Not only did they open up space, but they actually looked for him. Jokinen and Laine did not click nor did Laine and the right point man on the powerplay. Coach Jalonen made some very puzzling decisions.

Winnipeg has Nik Ehlers. That's going to be a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA