LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016 Draft) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/super-teen-laine-hobbled-in-world-championship-by-garbage-play/

"The Canadian squad focused much of its physical play on Laine for much of the game, which is understandable since he might be the best player in the tournament, and that’s just fine. A player who is that dynamic and offensively dangerous should expect to not be given a free pass. But to resort to that kind of play to neutralize a teenager and future NHL star is exactly what Ferraro called it – a garbage play."

Last edited:

JA

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1028688
Laine takes Perry's leg-trip as a compliment to his talent
by Craig Hagerman May 17, 9:02 PM

Finland forward Patrik Laine has no hard feelings towards Canada's Corey Perry.

The 18-year-old - who is projected to be selected in the top-2 at this year's NHL Entry Draft - was the victim of a leg-trip from the Anaheim Ducks forward in Tuesday's contest, but feels he brought the incident on himself with his skill.

"Maybe they tried to piss me off because I’m young and in my opinion a pretty good player," Laine said, according to Michael Traikos of the National Post.

Laine had the last laugh as Finland danced to a 4-0 win over Canada and finished atop the Group B standings heading into the quarterfinals.

Last edited by a moderator:

eppe

Apr 11, 2016
I was damn surprised that Laine could handle against team Canada as well as he did. Canada has four really good chains, and they were really active in corners and going deep to opponents end. They had so many deadly opportunities, too. But so did Finland, and few really good ones from Laine himself, definately. He seemed so mature, shooting and creating chances to make goals both to himself and to his chain mates. Both teams played well, even though in the end of the game (like last 10 minutes) Canada seemed to be a little off, maybe due to four goal difference.

I'm happy with the result, and I'm happy with Laine's playing. He hurt his leg but was still lethal. Next games should come sooner, the waiting is killing me :laugh:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
JetsAlternate, can you do a new thread cause this is full. Throw some of those nice tidbits and videos in the OP. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad