LW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016, 2nd, WPG) XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
If he really got it that bad from the Perry play he is going to have a new thing coming when he gets in the NHL.

Are you trying to say that dirty stuff like that is a standard in NHL and that players in the NHL have to be unaffected by kneeing?

That's a suspension in NHL and not a standard play at all. It's definitely not the expectation that people will just have to walk through that if they want to play in the NHL. It's more like, you can't make those kinds of dirty plays too many times or you will be prohibited from playing the game. Perry won't get away with intentional attempts to injure like that, the league would suspend him.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's not a standard play at all. Seriously watch it frame by frame.

Perry's going to get destroyed by Big Buff if he tries to pull that in NHL.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Are you trying to say that dirty stuff like that is a standard in NHL and that players in the NHL have to be unaffected by kneeing?

That's a suspension in NHL and not a standard play at all. It's definitely not the expectation that people will just have to walk through that if they want to play in the NHL. It's more like, you can't make those kinds of dirty plays too many times or you will be prohibited from playing the game. Perry won't get away with intentional attempts to injure like that, the league would suspend him.

Wow, you're pretty naive.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
It's not a standard play at all. Seriously watch it frame by frame.

Perry's going to get destroyed by Big Buff if he tries to pull that in NHL.

I think Tikkanen said it good when he said that these canadians has always acted tougher than they really are when they fly overseas. Players who don't dare do nothing in nhl act like they are 4 feet taller and 30 pound heavier when they know they can get away with their dirty plays on international level. He found it hilarious but I don't think Laine can laugh at the moment.

vaiski

Dec 27, 2015
If he really got it that bad from the Perry play he is going to have a new thing coming when he gets in the NHL.

Not once did I see him complain about it in public. The only thing related to that I can remember him doing was the eye contact with Matthews on Coach's Corner, when Tkachuk mentioned Corey Perry as his favorite player. Twisting knees are not something players are supposed to endure like it's nothing. I'm sure he's prepared for the overall physicality and verbal abuse he's going to be getting.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think Tikkanen said it good when he said that these canadians has always acted tougher than they really are when they fly overseas. Players who don't dare do nothing in nhl act like they are 4 feet taller and 30 pound heavier when they know they can get away with their dirty plays on international level. He found it hilarious but I don't think Laine can laugh at the moment.

Perry's a gutless puke-we all know that. That said, what he did to Laine was fairly innocuous. He's going to have to deal with a lot worse routinely in the NHL. Players are going to be gunning for him. It's the nature of the beast.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Wow, you're pretty naive.

No I am realistic. Those plays are suspension worthy, not a standard NHL play that everyone is going to get.

Of course Laine is not "everyone", they will target him because they know there's a new alpha in the house, but they will also be suspended for **** like that. He will get a lot of dirty plays against him and I'm sure he will brush those off most of the time, but intent to injure especially to the legs is a different beast and there's no player who is made to withstand that sort of abuse...it's going to hurt anyone.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Perry's a gutless puke-we all know that. That said, what he did to Laine was fairly innocuous. He's going to have to deal with a lot worse routinely in the NHL. Players are going to be gunning for him. It's the nature of the beast.
Yeah, Laine was really unlucky to get hurt on that play but it was a total freak injury IMO and the play itself was very innucuous even if Perry is a dirty player who I strongly dislike.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

This. Perry is a troll and a dirtbag, but he doesn't do the tripping stuff on the regular like he did with Laine. That said, first person to try and get cute with Laine gets dummied by Buff.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
https://streamable.com/pc3a

Laine and Ovechkin one timers from the first frame the stick touches the puck to the first frame the net moves visibly due to the puck.

You can see that Ovechkin shoots from much closer but Laine's video still lasts for a shorter amount of time.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
https://streamable.com/pc3a

Laine and Ovechkin one timers from the first frame the stick touches the puck to the first frame the net moves visibly due to the puck.

You can see that Ovechkin shoots from much closer but Laine's video still lasts for a shorter amount of time.

Those are just single shots out of hundreds they take, and quality is so bad you can't even see the puck. With single shot video anyway, you could give the "better shooter" honor any way you want, you'll find the right video pair working both ways.

Laine has great shot, it is fact. Other than that IDK what this should prove us.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015

Laine took it well though, it's just us fans complaining. Laine said he took that dirty play as a compliment, that he must be a good player if Perry felt the need to do that

He won't deal with "a lot worse routinely", he'll deal with **** routinely though but hey Byfugliens got this

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Those are just single shots out of hundreds they take, and quality is so bad you can't even see the puck. With single shot video anyway, you could give the "better shooter" honor any way you want, you'll find the right video pair working both ways.

Laine has great shot, it is fact. Other than that IDK what this should prove us.

Yea I agree.

Laine can very well end up having a better shot that Ovechkin if we're talking shot alone, I'm not sure how good Ovi's shot was when he had just turned 18.

Ovechkin is the best sniper in history though and hes got some important assets on Laine like acceleration etc. It's just unfair to compare Laine to Ovi straight away

ijuka

May 14, 2016

I'm not sure why people assume that whenever I post a video it should "prove" something or that I shouldn't post something if it is not "proving" something. I'm not in a courtroom looking to present a case. It's a comparison and I just listed simple facts with no opinion attached.

Note that I did use several other shots for other comparisons even if I didn't publish a video based on them. I used this video:

None of the shots I compared came even marginally close to that one by Laine. Again, I'm not trying to prove anything and have no opinion attached to this statement either. That's just how it is.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Nice to see the guy with attitude problems handing the signing bonus for his parents. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad