LW Patrik Laine (2016, 2nd, WPG) XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kid scores 3 goals then tries to fight Roussel because of a dirty play on Ehlers. What a beast.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
3+1 already! Where will this 18 year old kid be in a few years? He is still so raw physically at the moment. And even now he is absolutely dominating!

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I think it's time to say it.

Laine might be better than Matthews.

That was said by a solid number of fans who'd watched him. They were just shouted down by people with a vested interest in believing there was a massive gap between the two in favour of Matthews.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I was one the Finns, that said let's take it easy. He's nowhere near Barkov etc. But gotta give him credit now. He's doing awesome, and I hope he continues that way. Our national team has been without a proper sniper for too long.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
That was said by a solid number of fans who'd watched him. They were just shouted down by people with a vested interest in believing there was a massive gap between the two in favour of Matthews.

Yes, this exactly. I for example got so angry and disrespective reply's every time when I dared to say that I see Laine as even more promising player and especially goalscorer than Matthews. Still time will tell how things really go. But I definitely see it so that Laine is even more promising player than Matthews. And Matthews is darn good also.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

I don't think a dozen games in you declare one better than the other, that's silly. Matthews has 11 points in 12 games it's not like he hasnt' done anything. I think they are both going to be absolute beasts.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I was one the Finns, that said let's take it easy. He's nowhere near Barkov etc. But gotta give him credit now. He's doing awesome, and I hope he continues that way. Our national team has been without a proper sniper for too long.

Laine will snipe goals for every country's behalf from now on.

Too bad he wasn't on that 5on3 PP because he got a ridiculous penalty for approaching Roussel. Would not have lasted long.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I don't think a dozen games in you declare one better than the other, that's silly. Matthews has 11 points in 12 games it's not like he hasnt' done anything. I think they are both going to be absolute beasts.
I think at least one of them already is. I'm not sure what he's going to do when he hits his prime. I'm beginning to think the league will ban the Jets games from under agers.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011

Matthews >> Laine still if you watch them both as an objective third party fan. Laine having a nice run for goals here but overall with the wing being easier to break in and Matthews being a better defensive player and the center it's still going to be Matthews >> Laine all told.

Not to take away from Laine who has already been showing great goalscoring over a small sample size here and will undoubtedly be a great talent for this game as well.

Playing with Scheifele who's just hitting his strides as an elite talent and on an overall better team (at this point in their progression) certainly works in Laine's favour too.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think it's time to say it.

Laine might be better than Matthews.

No, everyone told me it's Matthews AINEC before the draft, on draft day, after the draft...can't go back on that now.

I had Laine ranked ahead of Matthews but anyone with that opinion was basically declared an idiot on here. At least after the Leafs won the lottery lol.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Matthews >> Laine still if you watch them both as an objective third party fan. Laine having a nice run for goals here but overall with the wing being easier to break in and Matthews being a better defensive player and the center it's still going to be Matthews >> Laine all told.

Laine is playing good great defensive game with his stick. Laine is also hitting, something that only one of them does. And he's hitting hard. I would call that pretty good all around game.

I'm not sure what else he can do? So could it be finally that the centre is the better player just because he is a centre. Because Laine is no worse than Matthews. No matter how you look it. Both are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad