LW Patrik Laine (2016, 2nd, WPG) XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Now's the time to show up Laine. Don't let us down. You got freaking Leafs fans of all people cheering for you today.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Beyond frustrating watching Vatanen give 3 one time passes to Laine only for every single pass to be a little off.

You're a PP qb, learn how to give a ****ing one timer

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Beyond frustrating watching Vatanen give 3 one time passes to Laine only for every single pass to be a little off.

You're a PP qb, learn how to give a ****ing one timer

Vatanen cant pass. Honestly, its ****i g laughable already. 5 ****ing games, same story. Now he is actually TRYING to feed laine, looks like he was told to.. he just doesnt know that pass cant be given too hard or too much off for one timer from so little distance. Its 2 meter pass, too hard or of = cant one time it

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
**** me sideways i want to throw something when Vatanen is the PP QB. His passes are so ******* ****** it's unbelievable. Marjamäki:help:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Laine has been good again, but this lack of scoring from Finland is absurd. Vatanen can't give a one-timer pass.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
He should just try to shoot as much as he can instead of trying to look for a pretty play. When he shoots, most of the time it will be a difficult shot to handle for a goalie resulting in a rebound which could lead into scoring chances for others.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Does anyone have Laine's shot chart from the tournament? I felt teams were successful in keeping him to the outside and low-risk scoring areas.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Laine has not been good.
Did we watch the same game? Once again he was one of the few noticeable players on the ice. Not great but no one was in Team Finland.

It's not Laine's job to carry the team. We have over two thousand games worth NHL experience in our lineup and we only score once in 9 periods.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good game from Laine. One of the few Finnish forwards that created anything. Great learning experience to get him ready for the NHL season.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Didn't live up to his hype whatsoever this tournament.

IDGAF what anyone says he was disappointing.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Didn't live up to his hype whatsoever this tournament.

IDGAF what anyone says he was disappointing.

He was one of (if not THE) best players on his team. I imagine these posts would be a lot different if Laine was on Team NA and Matthews was on Finland, but what can you do.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He was one of (if not THE) best players on his team. I imagine these posts would be a lot different if Laine was on Team NA and Matthews was on Finland, but what can you do.

Best player on a terrible team.

Doesn't mean ****.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Another disappointment today.

Everyone says that he's got a great shot, but then why did the Russians find it so easy to block his shots?

There was one particular PP where Finland looked very dangerous but every time Laine got the puck, he would shoot it at the Russian defender's skates.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

Player X did also play in the World Championships with Maroon, Vatrano and Jordan Schroeder as linemates. Finished PPG.

strat1

Jan 14, 2016
We can all agree that Laine was disappointing at this tournament.. He is not ready to play against the best players. Biggest reason why he failed is that He's not used to NA style of game where space and time is limited. I would say that he needs atleast Half season in NHL to mainly adjust.

I'm optimistic about his future, even though he didn't score, his game wasn't that disastrous. Of course there are huge gaps in his game but he can improve those gaps to become better.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
He had a pretty awful tournament, but so did the rest of his team. I think the smaller ice is going to be a big adjustment for him, but when he's used to it, I see Rocket Richard potential with him.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He's going to need to make some serious adjustments to his game if he's going to make any impact at NHL level.

He looked predictable and easy to defend.

Now don't get me wrong he has the tools to be one of the very best scorers in the NHL but it doesn't mean anything unless he can put it all together.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
We can all agree that Laine was disappointing at this tournament.. He is not ready to play against the best players. Biggest reason why he failed is that He's not used to NA style of game where space and time is limited. I would say that he needs atleast Half season in NHL to mainly adjust.

I'm optimistic about his future, even though he didn't score, his game wasn't that disastrous. Of course there are huge gaps in his game but he can improve those gaps to become better.

I've been saying that all along and lots of posters balked at me for it.

Guess I was right all along.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Another disappointment today.

Everyone says that he's got a great shot, but then why did the Russians find it so easy to block his shots?
Blocks happen. I also remember the few times he shot and Bobrovsky had to give a juicy rebound, that alone should tell you how special his shot is instead of trying to downplay the last possible thing you haven't already. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00