LW Oskar Lindblom - Brynas, SWE (2014, 138th, PHI)

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Is the cut off for being a rookie 25 regular season games or 25 total games (regular season+playoffs)?

He's technically still eligible for the Calder, so it must be just regular season games.

As you and I both know though, no Flyers' fan has the slightest expectation of being in the running for that trophy. Even suggesting that is rather troll. Sorry, I meant droll.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
So I've read all the messages here. Looked his stats. Looked all his points on video on NHL.com. All I could find in the AHL on youtube. The highlights of 15/16 and 16/17 on youtube from the SHL. Reading the scouting reports.

He seem like a really good hockey player that could play anywhere in an NHL top 9. A really good complementary winger. What I also find about him, it's that it's always after his first season that he finds his groove.

He didn't look out of place this year in the NHL. You guys saying that he does everything well. Generate chances after chances. He also played well in the AHL.

With the arrival of JVR, and now Giroux playing LW, it's likely that he starts the season on the 3rd line?

Can he play RW?

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Weal-Simmonds

Can he starts to get some time on the PK aswell?

Thanks!

I believe that he played both wings with Brynas at various points.

Reactions: Peeps

Peeps

May 24, 2017
I mean he played under 13mins a game.

Produce 21pts in 69 games.

Played the 2nd PP unit.

He produced everywhere he went. He should produce more next year.

Don't see all the bad comment about him.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I remember when Flyers fans got this guy in the top 20 of the annual prospect poll here last year.

Was pretty funny.
But he is still great prospect. His positioning, anticipation, checking and two-way game was already great. He had bad-luck and has bad choach on the bench. Not his fault.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
You can't believe the luck he's had. We're talking literally 20-25 golden scoring chances where he's caught a post or he's been stone cold robbed by the goalie.

Finally one went in, this is the start of something special.

the chemistry between LIndblom patrick and Voracek was something we very much needed. That made us a legit 2 line team for the first time in a long time. I hope they don't get split up again.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I remember when Flyers fans got this guy in the top 20 of the annual prospect poll here last year.

Was pretty funny.

I forsure still consider him a extremely good prospect. Hes only 21 and just finished a pretty damn good rookie AHL season with a bunch of NHL games.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I forsure still consider him a extremely good prospect. Hes only 21 and just finished a pretty damn good rookie AHL season with a bunch of NHL games.

Extremely good prospect?

He’s an okay prospect, with 2nd line upside. There are 30 guys out there just like him. He’s not where I thought he’d be by this time, and from what I saw in the AHL, I’m not sold that he ever will be.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Extremely good prospect?

He’s an okay prospect, with 2nd line upside. There are 30 guys out there just like him. He’s not where I thought he’d be by this time, and from what I saw in the AHL, I’m not sold that he ever will be.

What did you see from him in the AHL? His maxim has been a top-6 forward but I think among all he has the best chance of realizing that potential given his brief demonstration. You simply cannot drive play as he did without putting up ~40 points/year.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
What did you see from him in the AHL? His maxim has been a top-6 forward but I think among all he has the best chance of realizing that potential given his brief demonstration. You simply cannot drive play as he did without putting up ~40 points/year.
Jacob Josefson and Beau Bennett would like a word with you!!

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Also like I said previously, he seem to always adapt himself before producing.

He was obviously good in the AHL.

When he got the call up Feb 20 he went pointless in his first 12 games. Playing between 13mins to 16mins per game.

Then on game 13 he got his first assist. And then he scored his 6 points in the next 9 games.

The last 2 games of the reg season he went pointless.

Then in the playoff he was playing 10mins a game producing 0 pts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He still has the same upside as before. He still has 60 point upside. He still was a top SHL scorer at age 20.

If you watched, you saw him adapting to the smaller rink. At the NHL level, you saw him do a lot of those little things right that Swedish players are often known for. He fit with Patrick and Voracek very well and they created lots of chances, but did not bury as many as they could have.

But what has changed, is the addition of JVR. That could bump him off that line and onto the 3rd line which obviously will lower his point totals. Especially until Frost comes in and starts producing. Once that happens, we could finally have 3 lines producing.

Regardless, the Flyers LW is WAY better this coming year vs last year so that's a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad