LW Oskar Lindblom - Brynas, SWE (2014, 138th, PHI)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Had a couple 1g 1a games in a row last 2 games. Up to 6 pts in 10 games now with those 6 points coming in last 5 games i believe i read.. Game coming around now??

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Had a couple 1g 1a games in a row last 2 games. Up to 6 pts in 10 games now with those 6 points coming in last 5 games i believe i read.. Game coming around now??

He was drawing praise from the coach even when he wasn't getting on the board. I think his game has been roughly the same, it's just that the puck just started going in for him is all.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
It seems like it took him longer to adjust to NA ice than some people assumed it would, but he's definitely started to pick up the offensive production as of the last few weeks. PPG over his last 10. Very interested to see what he accomplishes the rest of this season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He hasn't been getting the points until the last two games, but Oskar has been great with Patrick & Voracek since the moment he hit the ice with them. The Flyers finally have a real second line and it has two rookies on it. :laugh:
Yup. That line could be fantastic next year.

In fact, we could have those top 2 lines for the next 4 years if we want while all the other kids fight over the other 6 spots.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The stats don’t pop out, but if you watch him play, he’s great defensively and points were coming, it was just a matter of time. He’s just going to get better, expecting a breakout year next year.
Agreed. He's always in the right spot. Excellent vision and passing skill. Should have scored a few already but for bad luck/posts etc. Hope he continues to thrive on that 2nd line.

Reactions: Tryamkin

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Guy is a stud and will only get better. Does incredible things along the boards and is a high IQ player. Really smart for his age.

Incredible value for a 5th rounder.

Hextall killin` it one more time with his scouting staff.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The stats don’t pop out, but if you watch him play, he’s great defensively and points were coming, it was just a matter of time. He’s just going to get better, expecting a breakout year next year.
He will be a great value pick for anyone doing hockey pools next year where a lot of guys go unnoticed due to people just looking at points.

But knowing that he will be the #2LW playing beside a healthy Patrick and Voracek, he will get his points.

With out #1PP set with Giroux, Ghost, Voracek and Couturier....if Simmonds gets traded, that spot opens up and Patrick likely takes it. But if Simmonds is still here, the #2 unit could have Provy, Konecny, Lindblom, Patrick taking 4 spots on it so at some point, the 2nd unit should start producing points.

Point is, I think Lindbloms points could be lower for a bit due to lack of PP points but like Konecny, he could get to 40 ES points. Him getting to that 50-60 point range will require the #2 PP unit to actually produce some goals. I believe they only have 1-2 goals this year.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Guy is a stud and will only get better. Does incredible things along the boards and is a high IQ player. Really smart for his age.

Incredible value for a 5th rounder.

Hextall killin` it one more time with his scouting staff.
They have a swede among their scouting staff, no? Believe the guy who picked Forsberg with Flyers no1 is still doing work for them.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
You can't believe the luck he's had. We're talking literally 20-25 golden scoring chances where he's caught a post or he's been stone cold robbed by the goalie.

Finally one went in, this is the start of something special.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
You can't believe the luck he's had. We're talking literally 20-25 golden scoring chances where he's caught a post or he's been stone cold robbed by the goalie.

Finally one went in, this is the start of something special.
Agreed. Remember Nico Hischier at the beginning of the year? He was doing everything right but just getting extremely unlucky. I think the points will start to come through now.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
So I've read all the messages here. Looked his stats. Looked all his points on video on NHL.com. All I could find in the AHL on youtube. The highlights of 15/16 and 16/17 on youtube from the SHL. Reading the scouting reports.

He seem like a really good hockey player that could play anywhere in an NHL top 9. A really good complementary winger. What I also find about him, it's that it's always after his first season that he finds his groove.

He didn't look out of place this year in the NHL. You guys saying that he does everything well. Generate chances after chances. He also played well in the AHL.

With the arrival of JVR, and now Giroux playing LW, it's likely that he starts the season on the 3rd line?

Can he play RW?

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Weal-Simmonds

Can he starts to get some time on the PK aswell?

Thanks!

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
3rd line is likely. Hard to say who the center will be, but a Lindblom - Frost - Simmonds could be a great line.

Reactions: Peeps

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Calder candidate this year- book it. Guy is a top 20 prospect, just got snakebitten and lost in the shuffle

Reactions: Peeps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad