LW Luke Tuch - Boston University, NCAA (2020, 47th, MTL)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not a really good 2nd year in the NCAA...looks like an other 2nd round gem by Timmins.

BU struggled early in the season, lots of injuries and perhaps adjusting to the new coaching setup. He played 3 games, didn't put up any points. Then gets injured and is out for about 5 weeks. Maybe he came too soon, maybe the injury was still bothering him, either way he was held pointless for the 6 games since returning. Then the 2nd half started up and he's now got 3 pts in 2 games so we'll see what happens the rest of the season.

Reactions: viceroy

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Has to be something going on at BU, you have multiple highly regarded prospects disappointing to various degrees.
Tyler Boucher, Luke Tuch, Alex Vlasic, Dylan Peterson even Robert Mastrosimone.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Has to be something going on at BU, you have multiple highly regarded prospects disappointing to various degrees.
Tyler Boucher, Luke Tuch, Alex Vlasic, Dylan Peterson even Robert Mastrosimone.

the first half they were really banged up, lots of injuries. Plus there could have been some things to work out as you had Jay Pandolfo come as associate coach.

In the 2nd half Tuch has 9 pts in 13 games, which on a ppg puts him at last years totals where he was 2nd on the team in points.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Still not signed and thus I presume going back for his Senior Year at Boston University. Is he an NCAA Free Agent move potential?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Still not signed and thus I presume going back for his Senior Year at Boston University. Is he an NCAA Free Agent move potential?
Maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs sign him just because of his size, physicality and forecheck.

New management group who's still afraid to look at forwards over 6' consistently.

Reactions: Nevins

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's going back for his Senior year, he could opt not to sign, I haven't heard one way or the other. Right now he needs to just focus on getting much more consistent offensively. He needs to figure out what kind of player he wants to be as well imo.

Reactions: Wats

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hope Habs keep him. Maybe will be looked as a reach but still feel his tools will get him NHL games if he can find a way to not be a liability defensively.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
While he could carve out a low-end NHL role, that's always something that's not hard to find, so I wouldn't worry either way as a Habs fan. I kind of expect to see him go UFA and sign with Buffalo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
While he could carve out a low-end NHL role, that's always something that's not hard to find, so I wouldn't worry either way as a Habs fan. I kind of expect to see him go UFA and sign with Buffalo.

I've wondered at that myself, though it would be more in the realm of farm hand or if he embraces the role, more of a physical 4th line type.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I've wondered at that myself, though it would be more in the realm of farm hand or if he embraces the role, more of a physical 4th line type.
He would certainly fit with Kevyn Adams' desire to sign players "who want to be here". Kozak and Luke anchoring the 4th line in a couple of seasons?

Getting ahead of myself here though. Sabres fans in particular should be wary of assuming returning NCAA players won't sign with the franchise that drafted them.

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad