LW Luke Tuch - Boston University, NCAA (2020, 47th, MTL)

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Tuch plays the pro game and will be a great 2nd or 3rd line player and one of those guys that has a 15 year career in the NHL. Reminds me a bit of Charlie Coyle. Just a big solid NHL player.
That's a good comparable. Another BU product who had a similar first year there, point wise. Tuch may be more of a goal scorer, with Coyle the better playmaker.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Feel he's similar to Poehling in the sense he may produce points in the NCAA but come pro he'll be more of a 3rd/4th line guy. If he brings a physical presence while being good defensively/good skating with ~25 points, should still be a good pick. Tanev 2.0 would be great IMO.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Feel he's similar to Poehling in the sense he may produce points in the NCAA but come pro he'll be more of a 3rd/4th line guy. If he brings a physical presence while being good defensively/good skating with ~25 points, should still be a good pick. Tanev 2.0 would be great IMO.

it would come down to progression or not as Poehling had a very solid age 18 season but did not show much progress in his age 19 season. So we would need to see what kind of season Tuch will have next year, if he can show good progress or not.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I didn't like the Poehling pick at all, I wanted them to take Max Comtois, who is more similar to Tuch. Timmins was forcing centre ice picks at the time. Comtois fell into the second round like Tuch, and now he's leading the Blues in scoring, I think.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I didn't like the Poehling pick at all, I wanted them to take Max Comtois, who is more similar to Tuch. Timmins was forcing centre ice picks at the time. Comtois fell into the second round like Tuch, and now he's leading the Blues in scoring, I think.
Doesn’t play for the Blues though.

I did like Comtois at the time too.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why is Bordeleau even playing for the american team? Isn't his dad from Quebec?
(Update : it seems like both his parents are Quebecois which make it even more curious)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he has a big year I wonder if he turns pro at the end of the season since he has the physical tools already. BU could have a pretty good team so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Reactions: Sagikev

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
He plays a very...simple?...game I want to say? Maybe it's just the highlights you picked, but it felt like he might not have good vision or hands, because it seemed like his modus operandi was: 1. Enter the zone 2. Move a bit to the side, maybe. 3. Try to shoot 4. Go park in front of the net while the others go for the puck battles.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He plays a very...simple?...game I want to say? Maybe it's just the highlights you picked, but it felt like he might not have good vision or hands, because it seemed like his modus operandi was: 1. Enter the zone 2. Move a bit to the side, maybe. 3. Try to shoot 4. Go park in front of the net while the others go for the puck battles.

his hands are better then I thought, this weekend was his first games in over a month due to injury. He was 2nd on BU in goals and 3rd in points last year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think you've got it right. Big winger with a good work-ethic, good enough skating, pretty good hands, and he scores some goals at the net. Pretty simple player, as you say. He'll likely be a bottom six winger.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think you've got it right. Big winger with a good work-ethic, good enough skating, pretty good hands, and he scores some goals at the net. Pretty simple player, as you say. He'll likely be a bottom six winger.

And thats fine, that was his projection when drafted. He is strong, physical, has very good hands and you need that type of player on your line-up. His game away from the puck needs alot of work though.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad