LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2015, 135th, MIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So let me do this remark on every NHL goal scored. Every goal is somebody's mistake.

This one wasn't on the D. How should the D-men expect their goalie(and it was one of his very rare brainfarts. He is a top notch goaltender) make that stupid play that caught them all out of position ultimately?

Did you watch the 3 players go to 1 man and just wave at him leading to the mismatch down low?

Seriously, it looked like an All Star game goal.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
with or without*

He's without a doubt making the team, especially after "the KHL" proudly signed him 3 years. They'll want to show him off as a trophy lol

He will play for the Olympic team if he is good enough.

What I've learned about my eastern neighbors is that they care about winning as much as anybody, maybe more. That doesn't leave room for "trophies" for showcasing purposes.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
American posters keep attributing a hive mind to all Russian decisions, in spite of the fact that there are multiple competing interests over there and there is no master plan for Kaprizov. Even without NHLers there is so much competition for NT scoring wing spots, Kaprizov would have to blow others away at camp.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
What? Wild management tried to contact him multiple times. They approached his agent multiple times but Kaprizov didn't reply to him either.

He was wanted in Minnesota. Either he doesn't want to come over or he was pressured to sign his CSKA contract against his own preferences.

Here's the podcast. Kaprizov talk at around 33 minute mark.
:laugh: it's almost like it came out of a random Russia hate speech generator.
Siberia? Check.
5 year old's geography knowledge? Check.
Putin personally controlling hockey teamz? Check.
Oil companies and mobs? Check.
Making some **** up? Check.

I also liked some agent who didn't have a talk with Kaprizov in 6 months. Is Kirill aware that guy's his agent?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
:laugh: it's almost like it came out of a random Russia hate speech generator.
Siberia? Check.
5 year old's geography knowledge? Check.
Putin personally controlling hockey teamz? Check.
Oil companies and mobs? Check.
Making some **** up? Check.

I also liked some agent who didn't have a talk with Kaprizov in 6 months. Is Kirill aware that guy's his agent?

Dont forget:

-KHL dangeling national team participation over player's heads. Check
-Players 'punished' for playing CHL. Check

Sweet Jesus my ears are bleeding after hearing that interview.:laugh:
At least Wild fans should take comfort in knowing Kaprizov is likely unaware of what's being said about him. There's no need for garbage like that.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
To be fair, during that podcast Russo did say Kaprizov was forced to sign with CSKA after claiming the team was run by 'bad hombres'.

Nonetheless, can any of our Russian friends be so kind to translate what Kaprizov is saying here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugd8_ZUmn8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9sgBluv5HE (at 1:00)
Also is that Pavel Bure at 1:59?

First video
- he rarely use social media, the question was especially about Vkontakte
- he did not sign a contract extention with CSKA (aired on Aug 8)
- everything OK with my preseason, classic preseason like every summer
- Metallurg Novokuznetsk was cut from KHL, will play 2nd league VHL, he said classic mantra of Russian fans/media that the team should stay in the KHL because has developped so many Russian NT players.
- what is your personal goal for 17/18 season? To be consistent & play at Olympics
- how is it to live in such a big city like Moscow? He said that his flat is near to CSKA arena, so not using car nor metro.
- Your free time? Playing FIFA for Manchester United (maybe I missed something here)
- He follows soccer. Was asked about Neymar trade - he did not expect it.
- He likes city of Ufa & Salavat Yulaev where he played before. He has many friend there.
- I missed the question about Tkachyov (his teammate in NT)
- he likes Tarasenko & Crosby
- He started play hockey when he was 4
- Favourite food? I did not understand it.
- He follows Wilds, who is signed (mentioned Nierderreiter) & highlights
- He likes rap, spa at Altay. He was asked what film movie/serial he likes, but I did not understand it (some Russian I guess).

EDIT

Second video
- I will not be easy in CSKA, but I have to go game by game, do my best
- from left: Pavel Bure, Kasatonov, Boris Mikhaylov if I am right

Last edited:

AstoriaIceNinja

Feb 29, 2016
Astoria, NY (USA)
At the end of this deal, Kaprizov will pretty much have just turned 23 years old. If he elects to come to NA then, he will be the same age as Kuzy during his first full year with the Caps. Same as Datsyuk when he signed with the Wings, younger than Panarin when he signed with the Hawks. I don't think it will be an issue at all; being a KHL star first before crossing the pond is A-OK in my view.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
- he rarely use social media, the question was especially about Vkontakte
- I missed the question about Tkachyov (his teammate in NT)
- Favourite food? I did not understand it.
- He likes rap, spa at Altay. He was asked what film movie/serial he likes, but I did not understand it (some Russian I guess).
- but he uses Instagram;
- says that Tkachyov is a good friend, didn't say anything specific about their chemistry;
- he tries to follow a diet, but generally fails. Doesn't like mushrooms;
- Altay is mostly hiking and meditating in front of mountain rivers. His favorite TV series is "Policeman from Rublyovka" (little idea what it is).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Another goal for Kirill. But CSKA is a joke team. And the KHL is the kolkhoz league. Okulov scored 4 points in a previous game and is healthy scratch this game.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Another goal for Kirill. But CSKA is a joke team. And the KHL is the kolkhoz league. Okulov scored 4 points in a previous game and is healthy scratch this game.

Kolkhoz league? Are you calling it a farm league? How is CSKA a joke? Did I miss something recently? Anyway, I don't know how scoring could be a bad thing. I'm just glad to hear he's doing well, whatever the situation. There any highlight videos from his recent games?

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
Kolkhoz league? Are you calling it a farm league? How is CSKA a joke? Did I miss something recently? Anyway, I don't know how scoring could be a bad thing. I'm just glad to hear he's doing well, whatever the situation. There any highlight videos from his recent games?
Don't worry. It's a typical "russian thing". Nobody hates Russia more than russians. It's smthg like of irracionality. Russian soul, bears, Kremlin, Dostoyevsky... you know.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Kolkhoz league means beer league in Russian. Of course, Okulov is getting nice money for polishing the bench, and nobody forced him to sign a contract with CSKA, but still he would be a 1st line player on 2/3 of the KHL teams, and he was a healthy scratch in 2 out of 5 CSKA games.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Just some irrational football fan commenting I guess.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Crazy thinking that possibly the #1 prospect in the NHL is 3 years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad