LW Kerby Rychel (2013, 19th, CBJ; traded to TOR; traded to MON)

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Noooooo. Hes not supposed to put up some points. That way he can fly under the Radar so the Oilers can take him in the second round. Personally, I think hes a top 20 pick.

Ya, he's going in the 1st... 2nd round is very wishful thinking.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If the Flyers are drafting around 20 or so I would love to see them select him. He would be a perfect fit here in Philly.

I could see him being a great fit in Philly. I think he will develop into a study 2nd line winger with a solid/physical presence...

Spitsfan67*

Yea Kerby had a great game and thats what happens when you put him with 2 great players in Aleardi(5 Assists) and Alexander Khokhlackev(Hat Trick), since they've been on the spits Rychel's production has went up, as a Spitfires season ticket holder here are my pros and cons for this kid:

Positives:
-One of the Best shots in the league, Both of his Wrister and Slapper are bullets and he can pick a spot and hit it.

-Not afraid to drop the gloves and get Physical, uses his body to his advantage when it comes to shielding opposing players from the puck.

-His Vision and playmaking ability are very underrated, i mean he is more of a sniper but he see's the ice very well and can find his teammates, hence the 5 assist in last nights game.

Negatives:

-Though he does hit he usually dosent hit that hard, he rarely throws huge hits he more bumps them, i mean as long as he gets the players off the puck thats the main objective but if he could throw some more bone crushing hits it would improve him more as a player.

-The Thing he gets bashed for the most is his defensive play and he should, he is one of the leaders of the Spitfires and in most games he dosent skate hard to get back into the defensive zone he just usually takes a few strides and glides back in and same goes for when he makes a line change he skates like a snail back to the bench, as a leader he needs to hustle more, it would be a good example for his fellow teammates and would get some fans off his back, when im at the game people scream "SKATE KERBY" and its like that almost every game.

All in all i think Kerby will be between the 15-25 range in the draft and will be a decent 2nd-3rd liner in the NHL, and probably average in the 25-30 goal range and 55-65 Point Range.

Spits have another Big game tonight versus the Ottawa 67's and the 67's have been god awful this season and lately have been getting blown out so hopefully Rychel can pot another 3+ Points and move up the OHL scoring charts where he currently sits 10th in league scoring.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Rychel sounds a lot like a young Chris Stewart.

Stewart has since matured and is becoming more of a two way player but you can tell he would be putting up bigger numbers if he were still in Colorado's system.

Spitsfan67*

Kerby had a five point game last night 1 goal 4 assist and is now tied for 9th in the OHL in scoring and is on a 11 game point streak and has racked up 8 Goals and 17 Assists for 25 points during the streak:handclap:....someone will steal him in the mid to late part of the first round.

Fearless Leaf*

Bump.

Just wanted to say, Andrew Ladd is a solid comparison for Rychel.

He is not flashy or an offensive phenom but he battles hard, competes, has solid offensive instinct around the net, has very good knack for scoring goals, and pretty solid in all area of the game. I see him as a legit top 6 NHL forward who could possibly captain an NHL team one day.

If he falls out of the 1st round, he is a steal.PERIOD.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think if Anaheim picks low enough, they'll give him a strong look. Born in LA, and his dad played for the Ducks way back when.

Fearless Leaf*

I think if Anaheim picks low enough, they'll give him a strong look. Born in LA, and his dad played for the Ducks way back when.

Umm what? He was actually born here in Tecumseh Ontario.

He may have lived there for a while but his birthplace is here.

Fearless Leaf*

Hmmm...then the article I read was wrong. Whatever. Dad played for Anaheim. Will likely get a look.

Yeah, regardless of the birthplace, he is an outstanding player and both Anaheim and Leafs would be a solid fit for him.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

And he has chosen to play for the "good guys" internationally. How bad can he be?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
All around type player. Powerforward with a two-way game and a good offensive game. Much alike Gabriel Landeskog or Evander Kane in my opinion.

I have been banging the drum for this kid since last season to come to the Flyers. He fits the mold as a Flyer and he is also a player in a need position for Philly. There is a lot to like with Kerby's game and depending who is available at 11, I would be happy if he was the Flyer's pick.

Fearless Leaf*

Is this kid a first round talent?

Or early second?

1st round talent in a heartbeat. He should anywhere around 15-25, I can also see one team taking team before the 15th pick because they could really like complete package and all around ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00