LW James Malatesta - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2021, 133rd, CBJ)

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
i'm really wondering why they sign him now? There is no + value to sign him now or at the start of next year?
This is his 4th season in the CHL so despite being U20 he would be eligible to join AHL club's playoff run right after Remparts season is over?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
i'm really wondering why they sign him now? There is no + value to sign him now or at the start of next year?

He was drafted out of the CHL in 2021, so they had until June 1st 2023 to sign him or he would have been eligible again at the 2023 Draft.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
He is tearing it up in the playoffs and now the Memorial Cup. There were a lot of kids that grew up through the Lakeshore/Lions system but anyone who followed knew he was something special, a cut above the rest. There were, and still are in the Q, some good danglers from that system, but when it came to pure skating and strength, he was always the one. Many of us all saw this coming.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I watched Quebec a whole lot last season, keeping an eye on Gaucher. He’s one of my favorite CHL prospects. You never go into games planning on paying attention to him. He always forces you to notice due to his motor. Kid never quits.

Ironically, I feel the same way about Seminoff on Kamloops. Huge fan. I wanted my Yotes to use a 3rd or even a 2nd on him. We went in the 6th but I think maybe that would change with hindsight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad