LW/C Jonathan Dahlen (2016, 42nd, OTT; traded to VAN; traded to SJS)

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
the canucks should do everything they can to draft petterson and then have the sedins mentor him and dahlen.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Wow what a game. This kid seems to have some real potential.

I think my favourite thing about this player is his compete level. His shot looks great, but he's not just some perimeter player who relies on his shot to score. He's right in there mucking it up with the bigger players almost like... Burrows.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
It's not a steal. People don't understand the concept of having to pay prospects to get players to help win the cup now.

It's a bad deal value wise. If Ottawa offered Chlapik or even a 2018 second I would have been happy to to trade a 36 year old 3rd line winger with an expiring contract. The fact that Canucks got such a high calibre prospect is literally unbelievable.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
It's a bad deal value wise. If Ottawa offered Chlapik or even a 2018 second I would have been happy to to trade a 36 year old 3rd line winger with an expiring contract. The fact that Canucks got such a high calibre prospect is literally unbelievable.

I'm pretty confident that the Sens have Chlapik ranked higher than Dahlen, and theres good reason for that. He's first in PPG amongst the Q's top 25 scorers by a solid margin and is bigger and more well rounded, too.

Werenski

Dec 24, 2016
It's not a steal. People don't understand the concept of having to pay prospects to get players to help win the cup now.

I think it's also relevant as to what the going rate for players was during the trade deadline that year.

For what most players were getting, what we did get for Burrows was a steal. Dahlen was picked in mid 2nd round in his draft, but if you were to redo that draft again end of this year, pretty sure he would be a late 1st round pick. That year was a pretty deep draft as well.

Dahlen > 1st round pick this year in my opinion and I thought we'd be super lucky to get a 2nd for Burrows, was expecting a 3rd at best honestly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pulling for Alex in Ottawa and into the playoffs; but some posters might not be aware that he was a buy-out candidate at the end of last season in VanCity...in fact it was 50-50 as whether he'd return.....so was stunned the Canucks got anything for him, much less a prospect like Dahlen.....and then Burrows got a two-year contract extension from the Sens......just wow!:amazed:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014

Except A: Ottawa has 0 chance at a cup; they have bad possession numbers and in general do not look like a contender, and B: They gave up their 2nd best forward prospect, and probably their best scoring prospect.

Dahlen is going to be a player.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Except A: Ottawa has 0 chance at a cup; they have bad possession numbers and in general do not look like a contender, and B: They gave up their 2nd best forward prospect, and probably their best scoring prospect.

Dahlen is going to be a player.

Im a HUGE Dahlen fan but hes cleary behind Chabot White and Brown. Clearly

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest