LW/C Jonathan Dahlen (2016, 42nd, OTT; traded to VAN; traded to SJS)

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Plays a lot like nikolaj ehlers. Very slippery player who has high offensive instincts. This guy could be a steal.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Really like his skating, edgework and stick handling abilities.
his skating looks effortless, would not mind using a late 1st on him.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The two goals he scored today mean that he has had 14 points in his last 15 games.

And Timrå in their current incarnation are not exactly a high scoring, offensively gifted team as a whole.

He was a big part in dragging them into the playoffs when it looked like they were pretty much done and is now doing his best to get them through and into the SHL qualifiers.

His recent performances + his J20, Hlinka & U18 showing last year make him a later 1st round level talent in my eyes.

It is not asinine to say he has been one of the best forwards in the Allsvenskan the last ~2 months.

Mar 14, 2015
Scored the first goal against Leksand with one period left. Edit: Ended up with one more goal (4-1)

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If we want him with the Flyers 2nd we need him to be on the down low:sarcasm:

Haha.

I have been a big fan of his all year... but the last few months have meant it is far less likely he gets past #40.

Personally I believe he is worth picking at around ~#25 overall. Though if the Flyers really liked him they have the picks to package and move up and get him.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Haha.

I have been a big fan of his all year... but the last few months have meant it is far less likely he gets past #40.

Personally I believe he is worth picking at around ~#25 overall. Though if the Flyers really liked him they have the picks to package and move up and get him.

Agreed!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How does he compare to Asplund?

I actually think they are of similar ability levels. Both on merit are probably worth taking at ~#25.

Asplund is better defensively (though Dahlén is a committed 200ft player) and has better top end speed, is also agile like Dahlén. Probably similar level playmakers but Dahlén is the better goalscorer and has a better shot. Dahlén is a bit flashier and has better hands in my mind. Neither are 'physical' players but both will go to tough areas around the net and along the boards without much thought.

I think Dahlén has more offensive upside... but if they both reached their ceilings they would be similar value players due to Asplund's defensive game.

The fact Asplund has more potential to play centre at a higher level and that his skillset is more obviously transferable to a bottom six role if he does not reach his potential means I imagine he goes higher. But it would not surprise me if in 10 years time Dahlén is the better player and is heading towards having a better career.

I would be happy with either in the ~22-30 range if my team was picking around there. (depending who else was still on the board ofc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad