Confirmed with Link: Lupul Investigation Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I'm sure he was healthy enough to play last year and this season if he kept himself in shape but i'm also confident a doctor can easily find a reason to fail him considering how banged up his body is.

doubt the NHL wants to appear like there they're allowing teams to cheat so i doubt they'll be any repercussions , i believe the league will sweep this under the rug then warn the teams in the future they'll be penalties if they get continue doing this

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Oh I don't think they let him anywhere near the Marlies. You don't pull something like that with Lou. He will be earning his paycheck riding the bus for the Solar Bears in the ECHL.

someone mentioned that players like lupul cant be sent ECHL, if that's true id send him to the marlies and make him practice and get ready for every game then sit in the pressbox. So he has to take the ride on the buses to shitty little towns like Rochester and Lehigh valley where there is no fashion shops for him

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I always been a bit conflicted when it comes to Lupul. I have never been in the "make him captain" camp. But then I have always liked his style and the effort he put in for us. Yeah, I know he was bad defensively, picked his spots and had his cold periods. But he managed to fool me often enough for me to liking him even when he played badly.

So what ever the 2nd physical done by the league say I hope he can come back and play at some level and finish on his own eventually. Perhaps a season or two in Europe?

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
someone mentioned that players like lupul cant be sent ECHL, if that's true id send him to the marlies and make him practice and get ready for every game then sit in the pressbox. So he has to take the ride on the buses to ****ty little towns like Rochester and Lehigh valley where there is no fashion shops for him

Actually if we have been messing around and playing shady with the physicals then I don't think we should be doing anything to punish him at all.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Actually if we have been messing around and playing shady with the physicals then I don't think we should be doing anything to punish him at all.

i find it very hard to believe a dr would put his profession on the line so the leafs can hide a player, he will be struck off never can work in the medical field again but he will risk that so the leafs can gets some LTIR space. 8+ years of schooling flushed away because the leafs don't like lupul

Reactions: Daisy Jane

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Results will come from the clubs. Cool we'll hear about Hossa's results tomorrow and we'll never hear anything about Lupul ever again. Just idle speculation when cap moves get made about whether they could be made with or without Lupul on LTIR or in the AHL.
Lupul will bec
tththe
nnenenext "he who's name is not spoken"
31st picks are hugely valuable. Only a short time ago we had two picks in that range, one was turned into Andersen and the other was turned into Dermott, Bracco and Dzierkals.
Yes but the 1st round pick we get for JVR will replace it haha

Reactions: Gary Nylund

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
i find it very hard to believe a dr would put his profession on the line so the leafs can hide a player, he will be struck off never can work in the medical field again but he will risk that so the leafs can gets some LTIR space. 8+ years of schooling flushed away because the leafs don't like lupul

They most likely gave the doctor a criteria of what the team felt is reasonable to clear players. The problem with these training camp physicals is that they are objective. It's up to the team. So they can really say whatever they want. The NHL needs to step in and provide doctors for these physicals so there is transparency across the board.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

also he would probably not be struck for life. this is minuscule compared to the shit doctors do all the time. My mom is a nurse, trust me misconduct and unethical shit happens all the time. Often it's not reported which is really disappointing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
There is so much history here of poor health. The next doctor will have to come to the same conclusion. The teams position is not unreasonable. The player is being paid and the pay is coming from Leafs coffers.

The Leafs probably don't care because paying Lupul just means the league can't garnish as much profits to support the terrible teams.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I think all this is all about the Frustration Lupul is feeling, his carreer is over and he's only 34 while Marleau at 38 is playing at his position L/W.

I might have gone about it in a different way, by not lashing out at the Leafs and the League, however, I think he regrets it and he did retract his tweet but the damage is done.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I saw on the main boards a post saying dreger thinks the leafs won't be able to put lupul on LTIR now. So that post was saying dreger thinks that lupul passed his physical. Did anyone else catch this and can confirm. Or is there nothing to worry about?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
It would be very difficult, IMO, to reverse a year old medical finding. Not all the tests are xrays, an MRI or the like which leave records. Who can say what a joint felt like to a doctor a year ago when it was manipulated, for example? If that is the case, how could the league sanction the Leafs for putting him om LTIR last season? Neither the player nor the NHLPA challenged the finding at that time. It seems to me that it has been condoned.

What could happen is a reversal of the finding of several weeks ago. That would cause difficulties for the Leafs but not insurmountable ones, I think.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I'm sure he was healthy enough to play last year and this season if he kept himself in shape but i'm also confident a doctor can easily find a reason to fail him considering how banged up his body is.

doubt the NHL wants to appear like there they're allowing teams to cheat so i doubt they'll be any repercussions , i believe the league will sweep this under the rug then warn the teams in the future they'll be penalties if they get continue doing this

In other words, you're sticking to your opinion regardless of whatever evidence presents itself :thumbu:

Lets wait and see. If he's deemed healthy then the Maple Leafs should be penalized but if he's not then I doubt he ever finds a job in the NHL with his mouth and the controversy it brings.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I think all this is all about the Frustration Lupul is feeling, his carreer is over and he's only 34 while Marleau at 38 is playing at his position L/W.

I might have gone about it in a different way, by not lashing out at the Leafs and the League, however, I think he regrets it and he did retract his tweet but the damage is done.

I think this has largely been a misunderstanding. Lupul didn't lash out at the Leafs. He was defending himself to some twit trolling him about being made of glass and failing his physical on social media, and I dunno, I guess forgot everyone else would see it or something.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I saw on the main boards a post saying dreger thinks the leafs won't be able to put lupul on LTIR now. So that post was saying dreger thinks that lupul passed his physical. Did anyone else catch this and can confirm. Or is there nothing to worry about?
That poster has no source.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I think this has largely been a misunderstanding. Lupul didn't lash out at the Leafs. He was defending himself to some twit trolling him about being made of glass and failing his physical on social media, and I dunno, I guess forgot everyone else would see it or something.

Lupul was defending himself from a troll by claiming the Maple Leafs organization "cheats?"

That's some logic.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
In other words, you're sticking to your opinion regardless of whatever evidence presents itself :thumbu:

Lets wait and see. If he's deemed healthy then the Maple Leafs should be penalized but if he's not then I doubt he ever finds a job in the NHL with his mouth and the controversy it brings.
What i'm saying is being "healthy enough to play" is very subjective .

would you consider a player with cracked ribs and a punctured lung healthy enough to play ? because that was reported Bergeron played through during Bruins cup run

i could go on and on about players with injuries playing threw them even though most would consider them not "healthy" enough to play

as far as Lupul goes i'm sure with his injury history it would be easy enough to find something that would make him fail his physical but that doesn't mean he wasn't able to play with/through them

and i also believe if Hossa had one more making 6/7m he'd be in the Hawks line up to start the year

Last edited:

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
What i'm saying is being "healthy enough to play" is very subjective .

would you consider a player with cracked ribs and a punctured lung healthy enough to play ? because that was reported Bergeron played through during Bruins cup run

i could go on and on about players with injuries playing threw them even though most would consider them not "healthy" enough to play

as far as Lupul goes i'm sure with his injury history it would be easy enough to find something that would make him fail his physical but that doesn't mean he wasn't able to play with/through them

That's understandable but the moment Lupul agrees to sit at home and collect his pay-cheque while on LTIR then it's case closed as both parties mutually agreed to that outcome with some merit to the injuries, as subjective as being healthy enough to play through them might be.

What the investigation will reveal is whether or not Lupul sat at home and collected a pay-cheque while on LTIR through no inclination of his own, but because he was forced by any degree to do so.

But yes, you could be injured and sit, as well as be injured and play through it. Ultimately, and correct me if I'm wrong, the only injuries that have any protocol for taking someone off the ice are concussions. Without protocols extending to all forms of injuries exist, whether or not someone is healthy enough to play will be subjective.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
While I'm hoping/expecting this to come back in the team's favour, this whole saga has been really weird.

Lupuls situation even weird prior to his instagram posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad