GDT: Lundqvist & The Wolf Pack @ Wild - 2/13/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
P.S. I hope AV learns to give rookie D men a longer leash than other rookies in that if they make a mistake, don't let them miss a shift because of it. It's important to let them back out there to make up for their mistakes. The best coach I ever saw with rookie D men was Fred Shero. He used to say that if mistakes were never made there wouldn't be erasers on pencils or something like that. He would send them right back out there after they made a goof. Keep their confidence up. Pionk and Gilmour have been so good it's unreal. Let them grow into their game, AV.

**Off my soap box now**

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Dark in the city, night is a wire
Steam in the subway,the Gardens on fire
Do do do do do do do dodo dododo dodo
Rick Nash you want him, give us a sign,
And Captain Ryan's even closer behind
Do do do do do do do dodo dododo dodo
In touch with the phone, he's lost and he's found,
JG's on the hunt, he's after you.
Grabner's outbound, till prospects are found
And we're hungry like the wolf-pack.

Apologies Duran Duran

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
**** tanking, try and win as many games as you can. We want Hank to hit 30 wins again, and who knows what happens, if for some reason we actually make the playoffs.

I will never root for my team to lose, especially in a league with a draft LOTTERY. No guarantee you're getting the top pick.

We're still trading big assets at the deadline. Never under estimate young, hungry players who want to make an impact.
100% this.

Still proceed with the plan and sell at the deadline, but I still want the team to win. Call up more kids and try and keep winning. We're not bottoming out, it won't happen, not unless they trade Hank.

Best case scenario to me is we sell Nash, Grabner, DD and Holden and get a bunch of assets. Maybe a McD deal, who knows.

But then we replace them with the kids and Lias and Chytil and whoever else and the kids play well and the team squeaks into the playoffs. Even if they lose in the first round, great experience for the kids PLUS it would most likely by us making the playoffs over the Devils and Islanders.

I'll root for them to win every game of the season and make the playoffs. I also want them to proceed as planned and be sellers at the deadline.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I mean not for nothing but, just 2 mre wins and it pushes us all the way tied with Pitt for 2nd, depending on other foes results in next 2 games for all.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'm not sure how far Sproul falls from the standards of Pionk and to a lesser degree Gilmour but it really doesn't hurt to have them replace the standards of Marc Staal, Brenden Smith, and Steve Kampfer. The call ups are all young rested players with good skating playing their best hockey.

We haven't had an acceptable defense corp for a long time with Girardi, Staal, Kampfer, Holden taking up 50% of the ice time while icing bare minimum NHL quality play. The 2012 days of two goals or less for Henrik and the team seems like a enchanted fairy tale. A lot of it is due to the "keep them to the outside but let them do whatever they want" strategy of AV's but a lot of it is also his choice of "keep them to the outside but let them do whatever they want" type defensemen.

It's only a matter of time before AV ruins the call ups that have been great.

Hindsight is 20/20. With Shattenkirk and Smith earlier in the season, people were saying our D was instantly rejuvenated. Some were even saying top-five D corps in the league.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Nobody can predict what"ll happen in PO. We should try to be there, probably to crawl there, and then we'll see. Tanking is shameful, and possibly, and most likely senseless.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
"Tonight, Hank and Wolf Pack will try to extend their winning streak. The Wolf Pack has energized the team and will add Ryan Sproul to their clique as they take on the Minnesota Wild, led by Eric Staal, the evil brother of injured Marc Staal. Can our hungry young wolves prove that they are wilder than the Wild? Will we score three or more goals and get to wolf down some more Papa Johns pizza? Sam and Joe will have the howl next! On New York Wolf Pack hockey!"

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I love it, it’s forcing AV to play the kids. What’s he gonna do? Play Skjei and Holden the entire third period and say everyone else got lost in the flow of the game? He has no choice, maybe he’ll f***ing learn something.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I love it, it’s forcing AV to play the kids. What’s he gonna do? Play Skjei and Holden the entire third period and say everyone else got lost in the flow of the game? He has no choice, maybe he’ll ****ing learn something.
True but i've noticed multiple times even after ada has made some poor plays (some obvious/bruins game... some not so obvious) that he has come right back with him on the ice.
You're right tho a guy like Pionk should have been called up a while ago probably.
I don't wish bad on staal but without him the speed of our d in the defensive zone is now probably adequate to get to pucks.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Start Georgiev and call up Graves. You may as well at this point. :naughty:

Skjei - Pionk
Graves - ADA
Gilmour - Sproul
Georgiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events